Item(s) for Sale:

2 18" Tc sounds drivers

Item(s) Description/Condition:

In better than great shape. Like new.

Price:

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Buyer is responsible for shipping

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

I'm in no hurry to separate or sell. If they sell sweet. If not I still have some bad *** subs to stare at. They've been sitting for a couple years. A few more won't hurt.

If u cant sell ill buy motors. The 5200 woyld rape an xxx and bra anyday..
coming from someone who designs woofers.. the XXX is a much more linear driver. unless you are sealing the 5200 its not going to sound better.. the white papers are all over the internet. there isn't one thing special about the TC driver not ONE.

coming from someone who designs woofers.. the XXX is a much more linear driver. unless you are sealing the 5200 its not going to sound better.. the white papers are all over the internet. there isn't one thing special about the TC driver not ONE.
Thats a first.. Adire nor RE had any intention on competing against tc. Hell not even the lms. Comparing apples to rasins. A decade ago and here in 2016 a 5200 will walk a xxx. In every category. The bra and og xxx were great subs but they were never designed to go after TC... I congratulate u on designing speakers but you don't have to be a designer to clearly see different lvl subs for different purposes. Comparing 3" sql sub to 4" monsters then gonna try an say they are on save lvl and offer nothing more? Lol. Not even in same atmosphere much less lvl. Also, the dd 2515 is just as good as a 9915 u know right.. No difference just hype.. TC need not a cheerleader they to this date molesting new age stuff. The og xxx.was nice not lms, 5200,5400 nice but compared to the new paper weight xxx of today they were gods.

PS ur.video is pointless. Thilo made major changes once this happened. Ttitanium cones was just one of a few things he started using. Thilo set that test up you know that right?? He wanted to confirm what he already knew may be an issue. So he made it stronger. Called r&d. Hit a bra or xxx with a clamped 5k.. Cone want just fold loI. Every part would fail and fail catastrophicly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill be putting two skar 4500.1s for testing..

I know for a fact the xxx took 4kw no problems for burps.

5200s where a great woofer but def not end all.. Fyi they are definitally worth 1kw for a pair..

To build my woofer it costed 120 to tool the coils pretty much the same as the motor. They wheren't shelf. The topplate was custom as well 30% thicker than the option they offered and it had to be done because of the coil. Its tricky though because the. Larger tge magnetic gap the lower the flux density but ultimatly it had to be larger becauae the l was so low. Its a fine line..

Im talking about the xbl^2 motors. Fyi

To build my woofer it costed 120 to tool the coils pretty much the same as the motor. They wheren't shelf. The topplate was custom as well 30% thicker than the option they offered and it had to be done because of the coil. Its tricky though because the. Larger tge magnetic gap the lower the flux density but ultimatly it had to be larger becauae the l was so low. Its a fine line..
Im talking about the xbl^2 motors. Fyi
I want to know more about these drivers.

I want to know more about these drivers.
Its a lglc woofer with a low inductance coil.

Even though i didnt opt for shorting rings which the soon to be production will have it honestly doesn't need it. Im going to add it to lower power compression and help the flow of air in the gap. Its doesnt have any real sound signature its just transparant which lots of people don't like. Despite the higher qes its very controlled.

Ive tried several builds from a very flat bl curve to very efficent drivers this one is power hungry but its really is one of the loudest low distortion drivers ive built or heard.

If you like the apline type x or jbl gti or id max this driver makes um its ***** and sounds excellent..

Ur inbox is full....Ive had 4 5200's in my life an could never sell one as a whole. Best bet is to split. Sale motors alone and tops alone. The softs are of no value but the baskets will fetch $100-125 each. Motors will fetch from $250-300. Thats how I had to sell mine. Just an suggestion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.