Tasteful neon lighting

prochobo
10+ year member

Sedan Sleeper
I've always liked neons, but not the very rice kind. I may do this to my ride, but if I'm going to do it, I'm gonna go all out interior/exterior/strobes.

I was thinking (and wondering if it's ever been done before) of doing the underbody neons of course, but have the lights at an angle. Then make a stencil of something cool, make some mounts, then mount them near the light so there would be a shadow of the stencil. Seems like a pretty cool idea to me.

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this.

BTW if I do end up doing some lights, I'm lighting up the block (going all out).

there is a fine line between looking good, and going over the top. but most of the times that i don't like neons is when people just do a crappy job. i say go for it, and don't get a neon license plate holder.

goin all out?? they have lasers now that will "draw" whatever you program... now that's goin ALLLL OUT! LOL! Dance studio on wheels!

Umm... why?

I'd just get an inside kit....

but outside? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

637.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

if you do exterior ones, make sure that you properly HIDE them under teh car, i hate when you can see the actuall tube.

IMO i'd just to inside ones, next to an obnoxious body kit, can muffler, and enormous spoiler, neons are the most tacky thing ever, but to each his own //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well, I personally like the look, it's just that I've seem tons of half assed install running around with like 2 cathodes that you can barely see. I'm talking about neons in creative places like outlining the hood and trunk openings and such. It could turn out ricey, but then again, it could look pimp.

So what about the shadow/stencil idea? I think it would look alright if done right. . . I'm shooting for more of a glow/auora than flat out bright lights.

never seen neons on a car that i thought looked good.

i hate to say it, but that bike actually looks pretty nice sitting there, although i'd still laugh if i saw someone riding it like that.

Just hide the tubes. You want the car sitting on a puddle of light, not a glowing radiator. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.