taramp 5k

Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor are these amps really worth a ****?? I know you know lol
I had the HD3000. I tested it before I had my resistor bank so it was *just* a clamp, but man... the thing did work. 2.3k rising to 2.2ohms dropping to 10.9v, iirc. (2 ohm amp).

I ran it daily in the BMW for 6 months or so under the trunk carpet through a Louisiana summer and never had an issue. On OEM electrical. I've since sold it to a friend and he's been running it at 1 ohm daily since then and it hasn't checked up. Like I said, it's a 2 ohm amp so running 1 ohm daily isn't recommended, but it's a good sign of the durability. The bish is tiny too. I love that little amp and I'm now considering the 8k version. The prices are also difficult to ignore.

All in all... I was pleased with the performance, efficiency, value and the size. If you don't beat the brakes off of them like you would a Korean (lower than rated impedance), I think they're a great buy.

Here's the write up on the 3k if you missed it...

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-reviews/580015-my-test-taramps-hd3000.html

IF anyone has any questions about Taramps, let me know.

Also, if you haven't yet, buy Odins Amp if it's not sold yet. He is good guy who has already sold a Taramp's 20.2KW. He's a Taramp's hoarder, lol Buy em while he is selling them super cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...