Tantric Sounds Shd 18's

Participant count
  • Participant list

raptor727
10+ year member

come get some!!
pensacola FL
Review of Subwoofer or Speaker:Ok so I finally made the jump to shd's after talking about them for a couple years. At first I ordered the subs from Murphy and he said maybe one month build time I expected longer but that's what he claimed, almost three months later they were finished after bugging the hell out of him lmao. To my surprise upon pickup Murphy included 8" carbon fiber caps a 160$ add on for free because I waited soo long so that to me made it well worth it already.

So 1400$ and almost three months later I pick up my subs from Tantric headquarters.

First impressions: Extremely loud, sounded great compared to the hdc4's I replaced, got much louder just got hot pretty quick on my Ampere Audio tfe 8.0. I built the box being used for the hdc4's but it was pretty similar to specs required for the shd's so I doubted that was the reason for them getting warm. So I figured what the hell its time to build a box anyways. this time I didn't want any guesswork so I emailed Ram Designs got a design for them tuned to 35hrtz 12.8 cubes net, "exact same as the hdc4 box except for a **** ton more port area I figured it would be peaky as hell but to my surprise no more stink! Now they get much louder sound even better but it just don't play the 20's with authority as my last box. But the new found higher notes more than made up for that. Now I can play 23-50 hrtz no filters full tilt and not worry about the subs bottoming or getting hot. SO I would advise if you get them and they are getting warm try a new box design. I am sure as hell happy I did.

Final conclusion: SHD's are well worth the money and all they hype I have heard behind them has left nothing to lack. I have used several big 4" coil subs and none that I have used soo far have compared imo. If you are looking into these I suggest try them just make sure you have some power behind them, like I said I am running a tfe full tilt behind them with no subsonic filter and can't get them to bottom if that says anything. Any questions feel free to p.m. me or comment on the thread.

Post name, details and review of the equipment you're reviewing. This forum is for reviews only! No questions should be posted!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

raptor727

10+ year member
come get some!!
raptor727
pensacola FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies