Take a gander @ this thingy

gellis4
10+ year member

*how peculiar*
NH
http://www.nexxon.com/quadrasub/quadrasub.htm

that's a huge sub!

QS21.jpg

well.. I posted it again.. :p. If i knew there was a thread, i wouldn't have posted..

d'oh.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Originally posted by gellis4 well.. I posted it again.. :p. If i knew there was a thread, i wouldn't have posted..

d'oh.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif
Dont worry about it.

If I find the thread I know it would answer a lot of questions about it.

- Steve

Well, that thread awhile back about heaviest subwoofers never mentioned this one. At 130lbs, I think it takes the cake (unless you want to count the man-size ones).

That is a sick subwoofer. Probably sounds like crap and isn't very efficient, but I imagine it must get rather loud when you start pumping 5-digit wattage into it. Not too many subs exist that could handle that sort of power.

Originally posted by awalbert88 Well, that thread awhile back about heaviest subwoofers never mentioned this one. At 130lbs, I think it takes the cake (unless you want to count the man-size ones).

That is a sick subwoofer. Probably sounds like crap and isn't very efficient, but I imagine it must get rather loud when you start pumping 5-digit wattage into it. Not too many subs exist that could handle that sort of power.

yeah it might get rather loud if it even works....they say seding 2 amps to one sub isn't good....but this is like taking 4 subs and having one cone for them all. i mean....come on....what are the chances each magnet and motor is going to work exactly like the rest of them on that sub?

wouldnt there be a lot of room for error in the install? i mean if you have 1, say, JBL 1200.1 to each motor, wouldnt the lengths of all your wires have to be exactly the same so all the signals would go through at the exact same time? it just seems utterly impractical, however original.

Pat

Originally posted by thegunner so all the signals would go through at the exact same time?
If you synchronize the gains, theoretically you're ok. That's what I'm currently doing with my brahma. (sending an amp to each voice coil) But the gains are synchronized via a remote bass control center.

Originally posted by BonusBobo If you synchronize the gains, theoretically you're ok. That's what I'm currently doing with my brahma. (sending an amp to each voice coil) But the gains are synchronized via a remote bass control center.
yeah, i guess if you had all the outputs sent to one knob or whatever you could just have all the amps all the way up and then wherever the knob is is where your amps are.

there was a posting from Loyd about it (after someone thought it was impressive) I believe he called it impractical, and theoretically flawed...

all 4 motor structures ahve to be EXACTLY the same to retain any sense of linearity... and guess what... they aint...

basically, just a flawed idea that ***** donkey balls in real life...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gellis4

10+ year member
*how peculiar*
gellis4
NH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date