T/a question

Participant count
  • Participant list

loudenuff

CarAudio.com Elite
WA gwon?
I'm running 2 way active on my 80prs and I'm curious, when off axis (90 degree left side, about 45-60 degree right side) do I set ta distance based on how far the speaker literally is from me, or how far the speaker would be from dead center in front of me?

How far it's from you. Axis doesn't matter if it's not beaming. At the point a small format tweeter will beam it's getting into the higher range that's hard to hear anyway.

Once you put in the numbers use mono pink noise to dial in the center.

Also delay on tweeters isn't as important as intensity.

How far it's from you. Axis doesn't matter if it's not beaming. At the point a small format tweeter will beam it's getting into the higher range that's hard to hear anyway. Once you put in the numbers use mono pink noise to dial in the center.

Also delay on tweeters isn't as important as intensity.
What do you mean by intensity? Eq?

I'm running 2 way active on my 80prs and I'm curious, when off axis (90 degree left side, about 45-60 degree right side) do I set ta distance based on how far the speaker literally is from me, or how far the speaker would be from dead center in front of me?
how far the speaker literally is from me

Get within an inch of the center of the cone or dome and you'll be fine. The left and right EQ strategy is much more important.

Volume ie. level
My stage gets higher the more I raise the level of my dash mounted tweeters.
It may get higher but it won't be stable.

I'll try to find the stage test track. If you do to far the female in the middle will move to the side once she gets higher pitch.

Intensity as in volume, output.

Actually i believe that pioneer head units do it differently than you would if you had an external dsp. Pioneer figures out all the math after you just plug in the Real world measurements. Just use a tape measure for base line and then change your settings till you get center stage.

Set crossovers first and formost.

Measure distance from each driver and plug it to the unit in inches, then use a proper centered track and make adjustments till both tweet and mid are independently centered aka turn off the mid, do the tweet, turn off the tweet do the mid. Then EQ.

Thank you for all of the answers. So when it comes to eq, how do I know which ones to tinker with? This will definitely be a challenge once I get the c-dsp hooked up. I'm not sure which hz need adjusting. There's 3.5k 4K 5k 8k 12.5k and 20k if I remember correctly, and when I adjust I can't really hear a difference until I go -6 (all the way down). I have the mic that came with the unit, but I have heard numerous times that it is a shizzy mic and not even worth using

Thank you for all of the answers. So when it comes to eq, how do I know which ones to tinker with? This will definitely be a challenge once I get the c-dsp hooked up. I'm not sure which hz need adjusting. There's 3.5k 4K 5k 8k 12.5k and 20k if I remember correctly, and when I adjust I can't really hear a difference until I go -6 (all the way down). I have the mic that came with the unit, but I have heard numerous times that it is a shizzy mic and not even worth using
RTA and download REW. Dayton has a pretty cheap mic on parts express.

Putting on your big boy pants now

RTA and download REW. Dayton has a pretty cheap mic on parts express. Putting on your big boy pants now
Wanna link that mic for me? I've seen a few and I'm not sure which one will have the accuracy I'll need. Will be downloading that program tonight, I'll play around with it so I can figure out how to use it. I'm also picking out tweeters and mids soon, but I'm stuck on something. I'm pretty sure it was you who referred me to the tang band titanium and bamboo 3" correct? My only issue is one, they're rated at like 15wrms, and two they're 8 ohm. My cv v600/4 doesn't have an 8 ohm rating but since most tweeters are 8 ohm, would I be alright going 8 ohm, or would I have to do a set of mids and tweets per side to do 4 ohm?

Also, I've noticed that a majority of midbass drivers I've looked at are 8 ohm. I wouldn't mind running two per door but their rims rating is too high for me to do 2 per channel, and I also don't understand how I'd set them up to run 2 active speakers on one channel. I believe I've read about a possible way to do this, something about being within a quarter wavelength of each other, but I don't really understand what that means and every topic I lookup regarding, doesn't seem to give me a direct answer for what I need

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.