super nOOb here clueless.. is there any DIY threads?

crossover- it crosses over the frequencies to send the appropriate range to each speaker, in a two way usually there is a coil, and inductor that only allows say 150-500hz to go to the midbass driver, and a capacitor to only allow 2000+ hz to go to the tweeter. u usually use a single power input to the crossover, this signal should be full range. if your bi amping this is just putting a second signal input to the specified speaker, possible if you want to lower your highs by putting less wattage to them.

am i wrong? i've only done 2 sets before.

you'll come to find out here,that if your new and dont know anything,you WILL get ragged on.

I've come to find out,this is the "i came here to get help,but got made fun of" site and good luck getting help.There are a few good guys here willing though...

crossover- it crosses over the frequencies to send the appropriate range to each speaker, in a two way usually there is a coil, and inductor that only allows say 150-500hz to go to the midbass driver, and a capacitor to only allow 2000+ hz to go to the tweeter. u usually use a single power input to the crossover, this signal should be full range. if your bi amping this is just putting a second signal input to the specified speaker, possible if you want to lower your highs by putting less wattage to them.

am i wrong? i've only done 2 sets before.

2 ways can go as low as they can play, but thats normally only down to 60-80hz. You want to play them as low as possible though.

you'll come to find out here,that if your new and dont know anything,you WILL get ragged on.I've come to find out,this is the "i came here to get help,but got made fun of" site and good luck getting help.There are a few good guys here willing though...
i think that can be said about ANY forum:D

so i just finished hooking everything up, these speakers are loud!! if i turned up the volume, i'm pretty sure i'd go deaf before they start to distort.

What do i adjust the amp settings too? i have there are no indications of where they should be set at. so i just turned all the nobs 1/4 up.

do my speakers require any break-in time?

how do i know how much rms watts? i am sending to the speakers

side note, anyone know if compont speakers are worse on your ear drums than subs? cause the mids and the tweets can be ear peircing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.