Sundown Yard Sale : 9/17/12

sundownz
Pro Seller

Supporting Vendor
North Carolina
This main thread is over here :

Sundown Yard Sale : 9/17/12 - SPLBassX.com Forums

I will only be updated that thread as inventory changes to keep things simple.

For reference below is a copy of the post as of today @ 11:19 AM

-----

Finally took some time to clean up all the back rooms / corners of the shop even more so than the last few times to pick up some stuff that has been there for years. Also a good bit of new b-stock / QC reject items available.

DO NOT ASK ABOUT SPECIFICS -- WE WILL NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT IS SPECIFICALLY WRONG WITH EACH ITEM. They are so cheap to avoid sorting through it all.

----------

First up are the QC reject items just like the last yard sale. Different from last time there will be SOME regular b-stock and/or used items in this stack... but assume that it will have QC reject issues and that you may get a bonus.

"These items would mostly have minor *functional* issues such as a tick at high excursion, a rattle, messed up terminal, or something like that. Most of them not really major (you can check prior yard-sale threads; most customers are pleased with the outcome) but I do not plan to sort through them. These are not our typical b-stock which are cosmetic only -- most of these do have some sort of functional issue as noted. There may be other minor issues as well but for these prices I am not going to list them specifically.

We will NOT be re-coning any of these before shipping. We can sell the sub and you can order a re-cone kit separately, though.

This is what I have along with SHIPPED cost in continental USA (this first post will be updated as items sell as quickly as possible) :

Payments to be made via Paypal ONLY to sundownz@sundownaudio.com... for these items I will not run a credit card; I will only take direct Paypal. First come / first serve basis. If I sell more than I have the newest payment will be refunded. I will only ship these to the continental USA for this purpose.

If you send a Paypal payment with NO ADDRESS it will be refunded -- we will not try to contact you. Make sure you address is included on the payment.

All pricing is FIXED -- there are no further discounts.

These items are ALL sold AS-IS with no guarantee. Most of them do in fact play but may have issues such as ticking and whatnot as mentioned above; but there is NO guarantee.

All models have re-cone kits available."

CIMG6494.JPG

CIMG6496.JPG

CIMG6497.JPG

CIMG6498.JPG

CIMG6491.JPG

SA-12 D2 - $95 x 2

SA-12 D4 - $95 x 15+

SA-10 D2 - $85 x 2

SA-10 D4 - $85 x 6

SD-2 10 D4 - $75 x 3

SD-2 10 D2 - $75 x 4

SD-2 12 D2 - $85 x 1

E-15 D2 - $70 x 1

E-10 D4 - $50 x 1

E8 v2 D2 - $45 x 3

E8 v2 D4 - $45 x 12

SA-8 v.2 D2 - $85 x ~20

SA-8 v.2 D4 - $85 x ~20

SA-8 v1.5 D2 - $65 x 5

SA-8 v1.5 D4 - $65 x 13

-----------------------------

Next up I have a stack of blown stuff and/or stuff that I just don't know what the deal is... you can assume that 100% of this is used / scuffed / blown / whatever (so, obviously, there is NO WARRANTY or guarantee on these items). It was collected from all corners of the shop while we cleaned up to prepare for our recent containers. For these items assume you are only getting a motor... most of them have good baskets (NOT ALL), some of them may just be used / prototypes, may work okay, or partially, but I have no idea and will not investigate. Just needs to go!

Same payment / contact information as above :

CIMG6492.JPG

CIMG6493.JPG

CIMG6495.JPG

SA-15 : $75 x 12

SA-12 : $65 x 23

SA-10 : $60 x 18

SA-8 v1 or v1.5 : $40 x 20+

E-15 : $45 x 5

E-12 : $40 x 6

E-8 v.2 : $30 x 19

SD-2 10 : $50 x 3

SD-2 12 : $55 x 2

So what I am getting out of skimming all that is y'all are selling items that need fixing and are not willing to tell the customer the problem?

So what I am getting out of skimming all that is y'all are selling items that need fixing and are not willing to tell the customer the problem?
That is correct. The description is pretty thorough of what the possibilities are.

We've ran several of these sales and customers are quite pleased with what they get @ the price -- if I am going to pay someone to check, label, and list every single item and every detail they certainly won't be so cheap.

That is correct. The description is pretty thorough of what the possibilities are.
We've ran several of these sales and customers are quite pleased with what they get @ the price -- if I am going to pay someone to check, label, and list every single item and every detail they certainly won't be so cheap.
I just had to clarify that I was reading correctly. They are prices good. I just wish yall already knew of any problems. It's nice to get a deal but not when you have to pay someone for a recone!

Also Jacob, I was wondering what the safest you have heard being put on a zv3?

well, no way i will register to another **** site just to catch a thread on this site.... anyways, i want a b-stock e-8, and an "unknown" e-8...(pretty, pretty please let it have decent soft-parts, if possible) shipping is gonna be the snaffoo...may have to use an intermediary..

If anyone is seriously interested and wants to investigate further there are several threads on CACO and one on SMD of previous Yard Sale events -- sometimes the customers can't figure out what is wrong with the items at all as our QC tests are pretty strenuous. As indicated it's most likely something like a coil tick or a rattle (loose dust cap, excess glue on spider rolls, etc). Usually not terrible but not something we would sell as new to a customer even if it's fixable.

I just had to clarify that I was reading correctly. They are prices good. I just wish yall already knew of any problems. It's nice to get a deal but not when you have to pay someone for a recone!
Customers run anywhere from 1k to 5k on them depending on application. Our rating is designed around being 100% safe no matter what the application may be. I would venture to say that 75% of customers do use 2k+ on them.

You cannot possibly be serious? For $65 shipped + price of recone you can have a brand new SA12 for almost $100 than a BNIB SA12. You're looking for something to complain about.. go somewhere else.

If anyone is seriously interested and wants to investigate further there are several threads on CACO and one on SMD of previous Yard Sale events -- sometimes the customers can't figure out what is wrong with the items at all as our QC tests are pretty strenuous. As indicated it's most likely something like a coil tick or a rattle (loose dust cap, excess glue on spider rolls, etc). Usually not terrible but not something we would sell as new to a customer even if it's fixable.
While everyone appreciates you explaining yourself.. you really don't need to. At these prices.. who cares what it wrong with them? I got 2 motors, baskets w/all new parts (cooling plate, etc) for $130 shipped. Prior to that I was looking to spend $150 + shipping for JUST MOTORS. No brainer to any knowledgeable audio guy if you ask me.

You cannot possibly be serious? For $65 shipped + price of recone you can have a brand new SA12 for almost $100 than a BNIB SA12. You're looking for something to complain about.. go somewhere else.
How about you fvck off. I was just clarifying something. Yeah the recone may be cheap but I'm not going sit here and waste money by fvcking it up. This is a vendor thread anyways why are you addressing me and not Jacob?

if only I had the money to blow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
I'll probably have a yard sale as a fairly regular thing from now on to avoid it piling up so much -- so just stay tuned when you do have a few extra dollars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'll probably have a yard sale as a fairly regular thing from now on to avoid it piling up so much -- so just stay tuned when you do have a few extra dollars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I like that idea sir

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date