Sundown XV2 or ZV5???

Participant count
  • Participant list

SAZCLASSD
10+ year member

"Ballin' Aint A Problem"
Debating on which one to get. I will be running 2 SAZ2500V2s at 1 ohm. Not really looking for big numbers on the meter. Looking for overall SQ. Leaning more towards a pair of Xv2 12s, but if the SQ is better with the ZV5 then I'll wait and get a pair of those when they are released. Havent heard either sub in person, so not sure what to expect. Have great electrical system, so that's not an issue. Any thoughts?

X's should do well on that power. Zv5 should sound pretty much the same and maybe 1db louder so it's up to you if the price is worth it.
That's what I was thinking. I just didn't want to overpower the X. I know they can take over the rated RMS power but I don't wanna overdue it.

I don't know about x series for sq.. IMO they lack upper bass but they do slam the lows..just my opinion not hating

It's all install. I heard a 6th order and it had 157db prly down in 20s-50s

It's all the install. If you like the traditional sound of a subwoofer you can get the sundown X with standard surround and cone and it will have less of a roll off uptop,but I'm so sick of people saying sundowns svcks they only play Lowws... No your install svcks, they are awesome linear low distortion woofer, if you want a woofer to play 60hz LOUD build a box to 50hz and the zv4 will hammer them 60hz.i know you said your not hatin but enough is enough. Every single thread with sundown in it someone has to say sundowns don't play high only lows which is completely false

It's all install. I heard a 6th order and it had 157db prly down in 20s-50sIt's all the install. If you like the traditional sound of a subwoofer you can get the sundown X with standard surround and cone and it will have less of a roll off uptop,but I'm so sick of people saying sundowns svcks they only play Lowws... No your install svcks, they are awesome linear low distortion woofer, if you want a woofer to play 60hz LOUD build a box to 50hz and the zv4 will hammer them 60hz.i know you said your not hatin but enough is enough. Every single thread with sundown in it someone has to say sundowns don't play high only lows which is completely false
the tridional sound is from a terrible CMS curve. this makes FS rise sometimes nearly double. with those very linear suspensions you can just build the box smaller for the LOWER Q. it brings effficency up higher on the bandwidth, similar to having a higher FS.

another way is to tune higher and to use less port area(more resistance)

and hell no tune to 50.. money ill bet you 1000$s for the X15 in 3 cubes tuned to 34 it will have plenty output at 60. not as much as tuning to 50 but it will still sound GEART plw low and get MUCH louder from 50-60.. thats was the theoy and my 4 15s did it VERY well.. got PLENTY low(28 or so) and played into the midbass region ******* fericely

when did the Z5 come out?
comes out in June. It'll be roughly $400 more for the pair for Zv5s than the Xv2s, so if I spend the extra money, I just want to see a noticeable difference. That's why I'm asking this question. Overall SQ......which would everyone recommend for the setup I will be running? Both subs will be in a box next space of 5ft^3 after all displacements with an 8" aero port in the middle between the 2 subs. Tuning will be around 32 hz.

comes out in June. It'll be roughly $400 more for the pair for Zv5s than the Xv2s, so if I spend the extra money, I just want to see a noticeable difference. That's why I'm asking this question. Overall SQ......which would everyone recommend for the setup I will be running? Both subs will be in a box next space of 5ft^3 after all displacements with an 8" aero port in the middle between the 2 subs. Tuning will be around 32 hz.
when you say SQ do you mean low distortion or a flat response or both?

they both have very linear spiders and surrounds. not sure about the X's BL curve but hte Z4 has a pretty **** good curve. a pair of Xs will freaking pound with 4kw. the zs have abit more lowend and lowend output.

Within their linear range an X v.2 will sound similar to a Z series -- but the Z v.4 and especially the v.5 add alot more linear x-max by 70% BL and more motor force so will be both louder & past the limits of the X series maintain low distortion.

when you say SQ do you mean low distortion or a flat response or both?they both have very linear spiders and surrounds. not sure about the X's BL curve but hte Z4 has a pretty **** good curve. a pair of Xs will freaking pound with 4kw. the zs have abit more lowend and lowend output.
I'm looking for a little of both flat as well as low.

Within their linear range an X v.2 will sound similar to a Z series -- but the Z v.4 and especially the v.5 add alot more linear x-max by 70% BL and more motor force so will be both louder & past the limits of the X series maintain low distortion.
What is your opinion with running a SAZ2500 to each sub listening to all types of music and want the overall "best sound" the best sub choice for me would be to get? I know you know a little bit about sundown stuff :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.