Sundown x8’s don’t sound as loud as the sa8’s I had before?

I upgraded to two x8v2d4 from 2 sa8v3d4 and the x’s don’t seem as loud. I also upgraded amps from sae1000d to scv2000, I used the same box that was built to sundown specs for the sa’s. Need help!
Well. Have you modeled them?

Are you sure you wired them correctly to 1 ohm?

Xs want 1 cuft each while the Sa want .5-.75 so you're already gonna be running a far smaller box then recommended which will bring tuning higher.

Id be willing to bet your listening to songs that have low 30s and because you're mostly likely tuned in the 40s now. You have no 30s so its quieter.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Well. Have you modeled them?
Are you sure you wired them correctly to 1 ohm?

Xs want 1 cuft each while the Sa want .5-.75 so you're already gonna be running a far smaller box then recommended which will bring tuning higher.

Id be willing to bet your listening to songs that have low 30s and because you're mostly likely tuned in the 40s now. You have no 30s so its quieter.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
I highly doubt the new subs are big enough to make that drastic of a change in enclosure volume. Subs don't change port tuning enclosure volume can.

So unless his subs take up .5cubes of air more than the old ones I doubt his tuning changed more than 2 hz at max

This is simply a problem of box inefficiency. You have a small box with long throw subs. In order to reach full excursion you will need more power than you would in a proper built box.

Build a proper box I'd suggest 2.15cubes tuned to 30-34hz and enjoy

Enclosure issue. Bet those X's are suffering airspace...

Tell us the exact measurements of the enclosure your currently using....Or post pics of it.

Last pair of X8's I designed for were around 4ft3 gross. I think the box was 12.25" h x x 37"w x 15" d. Is your current enclosure anywhere near that size? Also was about 2ft3 net with 32.5in2 of port at 16.58in2^ft3. Tuned to 34hz or so it supposedly got down well according to the guy I designed it for. Goin' from the Sa-8's to X's I think the enclosure should be changed.

This was it...

0k8JFo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.