Sundown X-10 / X-15 / X-18 Prototypes Here

I personally think the price point is reasonable on these subs seeing how there's not really anything to compare them with in the price range. Not to mention Sundown is an actual business not a charity service. Why would someone spend their valued time with r&d on new subs just to make peanuts?

As of now the X-8 is pending it's new surround tooling to be completed to have an actual prototype built ; the motor used on the "prototype" was an SA-12 motor and the X-8 will have it's own motor entirely as well.
After the release of this x line and the upcoming zv4 line.... Will the next project be the second generation SAs (10"-15")and sa8v3:D

Or am i gettinh wayyyyyyy tooooo ahead of myself

After the release of this x line and the upcoming zv4 line.... Will the next project be the second generation SAs (10"-15")and sa8v3:D
Or am i gettinh wayyyyyyy tooooo ahead of myself
I am not working on an SA-8 v.3 at this time... but maybe to your other question //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hate to jump off topic but while reading through this thread I noticed numerous deletions. What causes that just simply irrelevant posts or someone trolling.
Trolling.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

I have a revised stiffer surround for the 10" frame in stock to test -- working on re-building an X-10 motor. As I don't have all of the new parts available in bulk yet this X-10 will get a Z v.4 coil and spider -- and I'll compare CMS to the Z v.4 10" I made. As CMS is the only figure I really need to know to figure out if the surround is stiff enough.

Here are a few pics of the X-10 soft parts and motor that haven't been show yet :

Coil_and_Cone.jpg

* Original parts; 60mm long 3" D4 coil

Soft_Parts_on_Driver.jpg

* Fun pic with parts upside-down on the motor and frame

Pole_Extension.jpg

* Very tall pole extension to keep the coil from smacking into the top plate when it leaves the gap (as the suspension allows that much throw) + the top plate has a small bevel on it as well as another safety measure. The tall pole extension also gives us more linear x-max.

Frame_on_Motor.jpg

* Frame on the motor. One thing about the new motors with the tall extensions is that they won't work on "standard" frames as the pole extension would be too tall -- unless, of course, one machined customer spacers to get the basket higher. Other coils will work on the gap but other frames aren't practical to use (except other tall frames like the Ti style).

here's me now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

here's me after my wife finds out I'm buying these //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

FS is up around 5 Hz or so with the Z style spider and stiffer surround ; so I think that will get us where we need to be with these. I was happier with how it acted free air and on the specs.

So that means the X series will have a 4-layer spider and the Z series will have a 5-layer spider (previously NS stiffness) -- then the NS will have a 6-layer spider.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date