sundown sub question

spencer83
10+ year member

Texas
Ok Im sitting here in the stan planning my next system out for when I go home on R&R and i got a couple questions. Im kinda set on the sundown SA 10's I have a old school RF 800a2 I can see where I can pick up 2nd and run one 800a2 per sub how well would that work any tuning issues or would a JL1000/1 work better?

Thanks guys

The JL would push them but if I remember right that's not a 1 ohm stable amp. I believe it's 1.5 ohm. So you're going to have to get 2 2 ohm subs to run them at 2 ohm as opposed to 2 4 ohm that you could run at 1 ohm. Why don't you look in the classifieds here for something that's around 1200-1500 watts @ 1 ohm? Something like an AQ, Sundown, Crescendo, Skar, etc. The list is pretty endless. Not to mention that JL is expensive!

get an apsm 2000 for $170

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

or the apsm 1500 for $125, apsm is slightly lower on wattage so the 2000 might work better

Would a jl1000/1 push the right
as mentioned earlier, get the D2 SA10's and wire them to 2 ohms on the JL 1000/1 and you are good to go with 6-700w ea. Good amp choice, especially considering ohm rise vs power output.

ps..the RF 800's are good amps, but considering the age, I would be hesitant of running them bridged at 2 ohms...lots of heat and the JL is sooo much more efficient.

to me i would much rather if you are willing to spend that much moey on an amp

Sub Woofers - SoundSolutionsAudio - GCON - SSA STORE
much better subs built in the us vs a china sub
3 inch coil and better low end extension

with the american bass amp.

i would contact @mylows10 ; before you buy anything. he can give you a great deal on everything with warranty

but that american bass amp will be better suited and the gcon is just a better sub

http://www.vertexaudio.com/store/pc...ethal-Injection-10-Subwoofer-6p190.htmanother 3 inch coil sub that to me is a better deal than the sa

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

[quote name='spencer83']Anybody in san antonio or austin that can build or help build a box for my 50 f1[/QUOTE]

what year f150

Not f150 a 1950 f1 and what makes the gcon better i just dont know the best brands anymore never even heard of sundown or ssa till i got on here is american bass a good amp and im not throwing that much money at the amp buddy has it for 300. please bear with me i worked as an installer after high school for short while but that was back in like 2000 so im kinda out of the loop thanks guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.