Sundown SAZ 3500 or Crescendo BC3500d? or another

travicles
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Louisiana
asking this for a friend:

I have 2 JL Audio 13w7AE subwoofers and I'm looking for an amp to power them. I do not want the JL 1200/1 amps because of the fixed subsonic filter, I like mine around 25hz-27hz @ a 24db/octave slope. I'm looking for about 2000-2400 watts @ 1.5 ohms. My box is going to be tuned at 30hz with the recommended air space of JLs specs.The subs are going into a 2005 Toyota 4runner with a 250amp alternator, big three, and Yellow top under the hood.

My question is would the sundown Saz3500 or Crescendo BC3500d be too much strain on my alternator or would it be fine since I'm not running it at its full potential, or would you suggest a different option. Space is a big limiting factor for me at this point, right now I'm running a single JL 1000/1 and I need it to be about that size or a just a little bigger. Thanks for you input and time.

With those amps ask yourself a few questions. Which color scheme do I like better? How much for each one? Since those are the only differences between them, they are the only things that matter. You will get tons of people telling you something different, but they are either nuthuggers or someone trying to sell something.

With those amps ask yourself a few questions. Which color scheme do I like better? How much for each one? Since those are the only differences between them, they are the only things that matter. You will get tons of people telling you something different, but they are either nuthuggers or someone trying to sell something.
Was just about to post this.

Well this is good to know. I wasn't sure if the two amps performed identically.

Now I guess I have to figure out which battery or batteries I need to get.

Those amps are not the same.. you can easily tell that from the boards. the saz has different fets and a more beefed up output section.. hell im a rookie and i can see that. No other korean boards are the same as the SAZ. DC, crescendo, AQ, ect. all look simular

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.