sundown sa-12 opinions

you need a head unit with time correction. Make sure you have good amount of cross sectional area for the port It raises the F3 of the box and makes it a lot punchier, Keep the enclosure size on the recommended to larger side for efficiency and throw a lot of power to the sub and it'll be slamming while keeping up with everything.
When you make the box smaller without feeding it more power, your losing some output efficiency.
How about mk11 jbl 12

you need a head unit with time correction. Make sure you have good amount of cross sectional area for the port It raises the F3 of the box and makes it a lot punchier, Keep the enclosure size on the recommended to larger side for efficiency and throw a lot of power to the sub and it'll be slamming while keeping up with everything.
When you make the box smaller without feeding it more power, your losing some output efficiency.
Already have a HU with time correction, the sony xav. No seriously, I'm fine with sealed and I much prefer the smaller size and it sound great. To me getting a little bit louder is not that important over what I have.

I run my SA-12's at about 650W RMS a piece, I have a friend who runs his Type-R's at about 600W a piece. Mine are significantly louder, more accurate, and much more musical. The difference? His was a prefab box whereas mine was designed by someone who knows their **** (Shoutsout to @Buck ; ).

Already have a HU with time correction, the sony xav. No seriously, I'm fine with sealed and I much prefer the smaller size and it sound great. To me getting a little bit louder is not that important over what I have.
its not just getting louder, it gets tighter and more accurate, there's many ways to design a ported sub box to do different jobs. My library is full of metal and fast bass, sealed boxes never gave me the fast, tight and punchy bass response I needed.

cool opinion bruh but I fail to see where you're going with such an age old debate that everyone knows will never be settled indefinitely for every individual for every application. Not sure if you're trying to convince me that ported is superior in every single way or yourself but perhaps there is a reason why both exist and why people continue to use one or the other but the reason is that audio is very subjective and also everyone weighs cons and pros differently. These days I drive a compact hatch, perhaps I should've emphasized the space saving part cause for me that's pretty darn important having a family and the need to haul stuff on occasion. My lesser reason being it gave me the specific sound I was looking for, I know first hand what Paul Mazurkiewicz's drums sound like in person on many occasions and my application gave me that and the options in ported gave you the sound you wanted which is awesome so I don't see the big deal in either or nor why anyone else cares.

I should mention on the flip side for home theater I much prefer ported but obviously movies vs music is something different as well as the environment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.