Sundown SA-10 Rev-3 Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list
No that's about average for a 10. My e10s are in 4.2cf. I wouldn't recommend it for daily listening though. Stick to the smaller box for what you're going to do.
I understand what you are saying. I built an almost 6 cubic foot box tuned to about 27hz for my JBL 12's and it hit loud and low but that was about it. I am hoping to go the other direction this time.

So, better than the Punch P3's?
I don't have experience with the P3's but had a pair of P2's over 10 years ago. I like RF products but I think the E's will be a better choice. I also like the Dayton HO suggestion. It was between those and the IDQ and I went with IDQ because I got it for the same price and always wanted to run ID.

I don't have experience with the P3's but had a pair of P2's over 10 years ago. I like RF products but I think the E's will be a better choice. I also like the Dayton HO suggestion. It was between those and the IDQ and I went with IDQ because I got it for the same price and always wanted to run ID.
I ran a P2D4 12" off the same amp I am running my P3D4 10" off of and let me say this... it is slightly louder than the 12 but does not go as low. I love RF stuff but I am not above trying other stuff. I will always have at least one piece of Rockford Fosgate in whatever system I build. It just so happens the next one will have the 3sixty.3 sitting behind me in it. I think right now it's a toss up between the E's and that Dayton HO.

I ran a P2D4 12" off the same amp I am running my P3D4 10" off of and let me say this... it is slightly louder than the 12 but does not go as low. I love RF stuff but I am not above trying other stuff. I will always have at least one piece of Rockford Fosgate in whatever system I build. It just so happens the next one will have the 3sixty.3 sitting behind me in it. I think right now it's a toss up between the E's and that Dayton HO.
Just an option, you could go with Daytons now and when the yardsale is back grab some E's for cheap and try em out.

Ok so I played around in WinISD with the Dayton Audio 10" and if I am reading these right, specifically the 6th order enclosure, this sub should be able to cover all the sub frequencies I would need it too right? The DSP should have no issues equalizing 2.5db in the middle right? That looks pretty flat to me and a "3 cubic foot" enclosure should be able to fit most trunks or cargo areas if designed correctly. I hope the pic is readable... I did a ported, 4th order and 6th order. How would you guys interpret this image?

The-Dayton.jpg

Yes,and they come with a 5 YEAR WARRANTY of which no other sub woofer on the market has.
I’ve always wanted to try out a Dayton HO but a couple years ago there was people complaining of the cone separating and Dayton reneged on the warranties

Sundown now comes with 5 year warranty when bought new fro auth retailer

I’ve always wanted to try out a Dayton HO but a couple years ago there was people complaining of the cone separating and Dayton reneged on the warranties Sundown now comes with 5 year warranty when bought new fro auth retailer
Ive never had any seperation issues with 2 pairs of HO 10s, and a pair of Classic 8 ohm as well. Great subs and sound really great.I had a pair of SA-12s that I spent time and threw money on about 11 enclosures and could never get what I wanted out of them.Bought a pair of XFLs, and never looked back. Picked up about 12 12s. and 8 10s,never had any issues out of those either

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.