Sundown : Revisiting Component Sets (Mid-Level)

I've already started production; I am just making sure all the details of packaging and whatnot are ironed out before taking any orders. Production time start to in the USA is about 90 days so that puts them in September.

I made a tiny motor modification on production as well by extended the pole out further to get a few more tenths of a millimeter of x-max. Other than that and the nicer back plate finish with our logo etched in production will be basically the same thing that I have in my car.

Dropped my crossover to 50 Hz @ 24 dB -- I was stacking ~80 on the amp and ~60 on the HU before... dropped HU crossover completely and dropped amp to 50 Hz. WOW what a difference in mid-bass... love it !

I may drop my tweeter to -3dB after more listening as it's mounted so high in the door -- will try to get RTA first.

Production should wrap up soon -- typical transit time is ~30 days once they depart.

SA-6.5CS_Mids.jpg

* Mids ready with frames and shims for assembly

SA-6.5CS_Mids2.jpg

* Chromed back plate with logo etched in

SA-6.5CS_Mids3.jpg

* Going down the line

SA-6.5CS_Box_1.jpg

* Back of box has mid and tweeter measurements, response graphs, and midrange T/S specs

SA-6.5CS_Box_2.jpg

* Front of box has feature highlights (yes I know I have an error on there -- too late to catch it!)

SA-6.5CS_Tweets.jpg

* Tweeters ready to roll

Really want to get some of these. Wondering if I will need any sort of mods done to fit in my stock doors. 2004 lancer oz rally. Or doing something like custom fiberclass and installing some neopro 6.5's Ideas?

This set has a pretty universal mounting flange -- as long as you can fit them depth-wise should be fine.

If you want to run a ton of power the NeoPro-6.5 is probably for you, though =) Just more complexity to deal with buying separate tweeters and active crossover.

This set has a pretty universal mounting flange -- as long as you can fit them depth-wise should be fine.
If you want to run a ton of power the NeoPro-6.5 is probably for you, though =) Just more complexity to deal with buying separate tweeters and active crossover.
True, what's the price on a pair of these when they come out?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date