sundown quality and performance

infamous_e46
5,000+ posts

hArRy_DaNgLeRs
California
Before anyone calls me a nut hugger let me say

I have Been running an old saz1500d v1 on my opti 1535d wired to .6 ohm

The amp doesnt get warm or shut off or cause dimming all I have is a stinger spv35 and the OEM prelude ( obd2 jdm h22a swap in civic ) alternator and #1 weld cable rated at 300 amps

Top notch if you ask me and it is doing well over 1500 rms

To be honest...ive ran and tested A LOT of different amps...And every sundown amp ive tested I didnt like. Ive had a 1500, 2500 and a 3500 and they all sound like crap IMO. They seem very dirty to me.

The best amp(s) ive ever seen/heard have been the Incriminator amps...those things are amazing.

To be honest...ive ran and tested A LOT of different amps...And every sundown amp ive tested I didnt like. Ive had a 1500, 2500 and a 3500 and they all sound like crap IMO. They seem very dirty to me.
The best amp(s) ive ever seen/heard have been the Incriminator amps...those things are amazing.
If you are willing to put some money down on a little friendly wager I'd be willing to bet if you tested ours and IA the distortion levels are about the same -- I have a new 20.1 at my shop right now actually and I could send it in along with ours to get put on an Audio Precision.

Otherwise I already know what the result will be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif That being said IA makes a fine product.

If you are willing to put some money down on a little friendly wager I'd be willing to bet if you tested ours and IA the distortion levels are about the same -- I have a new 20.1 at my shop right now actually and I could send it in along with ours to get put on an Audio Precision.
Otherwise I already know what the result will be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif That being said IA makes a fine product.
Well you know you're doing something right, someone's always talking about you.

I didn't understand the hype until I blew two different crunch gp amps and dropped in an saz 2500...that thing takes everything I can throw at it like a champ

Honestly I would really love to see that test. Would be neat to see that.

and like I said its just my opinion, They take a beating that's for sure...but I never liked the way they sounded.

and like I said its just my opinion, They take a beating that's for sure...but I never liked the way they sounded.

Wow you need to read more the amps are very very similar internally now go drink your sugar pills so your cold will go away

i know it may not mean much coming from me but the sundown saz2000 so far has been the best amp that i have had so far. and ive heard the 1500, 3500. i really like the sa 8's 10's 12's & 15's. i dont own any sundown eq right now tho. kinda out of my price range, but i know you have to pay for quality

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion -- but amps are much simpler than subs and speakers as far as what makes them sound a certain way. Being that I have known Nick and Josh from IA for 4 years longer than I've ran Sundown Audio and I have had my hands on most every amp they make I am familiar with how they do things and also how I do things -- there is not going to be any significant measurable difference in sound between our Class-D amps and theirs when adjusted the same way.

If there was any difference in sound at all it would be in where the crossovers were set or how the gain knob was adjusted.

But at least you like a quality product -- which IA certainly us.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

infamous_e46

5,000+ posts
hArRy_DaNgLeRs
infamous_e46
California
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date