Sundown, Kenwood, Audiopipe, Lanzar Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

IbSlamn
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Alabama
Doing a new little build in my chevrolet. Trying some new brands and equipment. The Build is going to consist of 2 Sundown Audio Sa 8s in a PWK enclosure powered by an Audiopipe 1500 @ 1ohm. The headunit is going to be a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X895. Finally going to do the big 3 upgrade. Batterys are going to be a couple Stinger 600s. Wire is going to be KnuKonceptz. As for the vocals i am going to try out 4 of the Lanzar Pro OPTI6PM 6.5s. Havent figured out what amp for mids. Sundown should be here within a day or 2. I will keep updated

tuned in....and FYI those audiopipes are power hogs...
I was going to get one, but then I bought 4 SA 8 D4s.. so Im looking for an amp now that puts out 1500W @ 2 ohms.. and hopefully more efficient since I only have 1 battery. I do have an upgraded alt though..

I was going to get one, but then I bought 4 SA 8 D4s.. so Im looking for an amp now that puts out 1500W @ 2 ohms.. and hopefully more efficient since I only have 1 battery. I do have an upgraded alt though..
bro those AP1500s will do **** near 1800 at .5............keep in mind tho i have a big *** battery and some good alt upgrades and drop to 12.1 at idle full tilt

Can they handle that daily though? Getting mixed opinions from what Ive read... some say theyve beat them to heck and theyve been fine, some say no. I can get an AP1500 new for about 140 bucks off ebay... or Ive actually found a used Kicker 1500 for 230$ shipped, a clarion amp (1500W?) for 200$ish and a Bazooka 1500 amp as well for around 200.

I would add another battery, but its a sports car.. dont want the thing to handle like a truck. Batteries arent light and theres going to be 4 subs in my trunk as it is and with the boxes isnt going to be very light. lol

Unless I added another battery under the hood somehow.. but theres like no room.

Go check out my thread in the amplifer section, I dont want to keep posting on this guys build thread. Sorry guy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Can they handle that daily though? Getting mixed opinions from what Ive read... some say theyve beat them to heck and theyve been fine, some say no. I can get an AP1500 new for about 140 bucks off ebay... or Ive actually found a used Kicker 1500 for 230$ shipped, a clarion amp (1500W?) for 200$ish and a Bazooka 1500 amp as well for around 200.
I would add another battery, but its a sports car.. dont want the thing to handle like a truck. Batteries arent light and theres going to be 4 subs in my trunk as it is and with the boxes isnt going to be very light. lol

Unless I added another battery under the hood somehow.. but theres like no room.

Go check out my thread in the amplifer section, I dont want to keep posting on this guys build thread. Sorry guy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
ask I LIKE WAFFLES he did them at .5 and i believe they can take it. they are made to be beat on. they will do rated..but they need power...more than the amp is worth IMO

i mean ive ran the ap1500 a few times. i had my last one on 12 hifonics hfi 12s @ around .6ish and it handled fine but would **** the life out of my electrical. but this time im making sure i have enough juice to back it up lol

i mean ive ran the ap1500 a few times. i had my last one on 12 hifonics hfi 12s @ around .6ish and it handled fine but would **** the life out of my electrical. but this time im making sure i have enough juice to back it up lol
yeah. i can run an saz2500 and drop to what im dropping to on this 1500................

well i gots a delivery today

beast2.jpg

beast.jpg

I ran a pair of ap1500 @.5 daily, with no problems at all

and if anybody are using "current hog" amplifiers, just make sure you can feed them and you will be fine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif not sure why ppl cheap out on electrical

yea i usually end up hurrying up my build and going the cheap route but this time im taking my time and going to see if i can get some sound out of these 8s

well i originally was going with this. then i started a new thread for another build for 6 15s. then i went to order them and it turns out they were overstock and they no longer had them so now im back to the 8s and some new but diff equipment then first listed. the new build consist of 1 sundown sa8 until i get another, ran off a powerbass asa1000.1 @ 2ohms. I have a couple metra shuriken 600 batterys. dont know about my mids and highs yet because some mon ey issues came up. the new head unit is a pioneer deh-6300ub. i have 50 feet of 1/0 on the way and a box of terminals. hopefully starting on the enclosure tom which is going to be .8 cubes @ 38hz. then when my wire comes in il knock out the big 3 and get her all hooked up and start breaking that mini beast in. heres a few pics of the new equipment.

100_8457.jpg

100_8458.jpg

100_8459.jpg

100_8460.jpg

100_8461.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.