Sunbird Owners.... Please Help box/rack design

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fuel37
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
here's the deal... my car is 3 hours away. and i can't take measurements but i'm trying to build an subbox/amp rack. it's a 94 pontiac sunbird.

i wanna do something like this:

http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/chrisgal/System.html

but i know my box needs to be bigger that guys and the amp rack needs to be smaller.

i am looking for an spl setup so... the box will be ported... right around 40hz somewhere.

i'm hoping to have like 1.5 or 2.0 cubes. i have a 2.0 cu box now tuned to like 35hz and it sounds alright but i wanna tune a lil higher for more spl.

my amp is a jbl 600.1 and i have a 1farad cap and a distrobution block going to my other rockford amp(which doesn't have to be part of the rack). i'll just through the rockford in behind everything where it belongs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif or mount in on the underside of the rack. the box is for my e12Kd2.

if anyone out there has a sunbird that they can measure the trunk for me.... please please help me out. and if anyone can help me design this please respond or e-mail me or add me on msn. fuel37@hotmail.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.