Suggestions please - 6.5" comps in the $700-$1300 range.

anybody else? I've had suggestions of

morel or some dd german comps

Focal 165 KRX2's - question about these -- what is the difference between the KRX2 and the K2P UV (Upgraded Version) - which is more detailed, which gets louder, are they bright or smooth?

Dynaudio, System 242.

Dynaudio, system 340

Seas Lotus or HAT Legatia Pro set

I can't do the diamond set d971, the woofer diameter is too large. 6.5" is an extremely tight squeeze for me since I don't want to mod my door panels at all. The stock holes are 5x7 and I have plates on them to convert to 6.5" hole.

I would go with the Dynaudio system242, for what you want, very loud, with excellent sq, the dyn's will do it. While the Rainbows will sound exceptional, but maybe not get as loud. Also the Dyn's will require about 100 hours of break in, and will continue to change in sound until about 200 hours in.

Dynaudio, System 242.
X2
362 as well. If you get the 242 go active to get the volume you want or just twist the resistor in the crossover. The tweeter protection will prevent them from getting to loud after a moment of hard listening.

I used to have a set. I miss them and want another but I'm content w/my Morel made PG Elites.

X2
362 as well. If you get the 242 go active to get the volume you want or just twist the resistor in the crossover. The tweeter protection will prevent them from getting to loud after a moment of hard listening.

I used to have a set. I miss them and want another but I'm content w/my Morel made PG Elites.
Don't you miss the midbass though?

I could never give up my 360 set because the 8" midbass's are absolutely insane.

I should have specified my plans for the woofers/xovers from the JL set. I'm considering using as rear fill since I don't have any right now. Passengers might appreciate hearing vocals when i have the top down.
Also, I don't want to go active as I don't have room for the extra equipment. I drive a 2002 mustang GT convertible - my trunk is incredibly tiny - I only have room for one extra amp of relatively small size.
ditch your rear fill idea then and maybe replace your Cadence and JL amps with a 5 channel and go ACTIVE or a matching set of amps like RD, Sundown, etc.

I should mention you can spend the money you want to spend on CDTs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

I would advise against any HAT products if you plan to listen at high volumes. They get loud but are FAR more of an SQ based series of speakers than other sets.

I would stay away from CDT components unless you're considering the Euro series comps because they use garbage tweeters in their low/mid sets.

I would advise against any HAT products if you plan to listen at high volumes. They get loud but are FAR more of an SQ based series of speakers than other sets.
Some of our Team Hybrids members have pretty loud vehicles(Dave Brooks' F-250 comes to mind). If the OP wants screaming loud componets with little reguard to SQ then yes Hybrid Audio might not be his best choice, but for accurate musical reproduction they should be looked into.

I would stay away from CDT components unless you're considering the Euro series comps because they use garbage tweeters in their low/mid sets.
he did mention $700 - $1300 range. Hell, I'd hire a violinist to sit in my car for that!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

$700-1300 for one set that will likely (If not abused) last quite a while is well worth it. The rest of you swapping out comps left and right end up spending that much over a few years span anyways.

nismos speaks the truth. Ever since i got my power line CS i've had no desire whatsoever to upgrade.

Well, ok, maybe a small desire to put some dynaudio MW182's in my doors....

But only a small one.

****it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.