Suggestions on my Mids amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

dudeogo

Actually a Potato
Got 4 Unlawful 8s in each door, Jason says they'll take 300 a pop and then 4 unlawful super tweeters per door that I do not have the rating on but would assume they are in the 100-150 range. So needing 1200 per door for midbass and 600 per door for tweeters. I do have passive crossovers that came with the tweeters (Bass Blockers) but I would prefer to not use them and run active. Obviously looking at Brazilians, but I am wanting separate amps for my mids and tweeters and to retain stereo sound IE a left and right channel. Amp suggestions? I am not afraid to drop some cash but obviously the less the better lol! Only thing I am opposed to is a class D on mids and highs. I would like them to sound nice. As nice as PA can sound... was thinking 2 taramps 3ks for the mids and then a stetsom 2000.4 on the tweets but I really am not sure.

Class D would work a lot better than A/B when you have that much to power and want to get that loud.  The headroom is crucial to not sounding like absolute sh*t or have weak output. The amps you choose would do fine.  Main important thing is get a DSP with parametric EQ and go fully active networks. Thats more important than anything when running a Pro audio setup with actual good sound quality in mind.

Class D would work a lot better than A/B when you have that much to power and want to get that loud.  The headroom is crucial to not sounding like absolute sh*t or have weak output. The amps you choose would do fine.  Main important thing is get a DSP with parametric EQ and go fully active networks. Thats more important than anything when running a Pro audio setup with actual good sound quality in mind.
I have never dealt with EQs and DSPs outside of my head unit. Could you PM me with some ideas. Also Jeff I actually follow you on Instagram so if you wanna PM me there that’s cool too. I sent you one a while back with a box question lol.

I have never dealt with EQs and DSPs outside of my head unit. Could you PM me with some ideas. Also Jeff I actually follow you on Instagram so if you wanna PM me there that’s cool too. I sent you one a while back with a box question lol.
The crossover and EQ portion should help you out with a visual representation. If you used an active network mode head unit, you can use a dsp, its relatively simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i8cxJaDyjg&list=PLsXZT4BpnusgZmNGIlfD__yygPn_U0khc

The crossover and EQ portion should help you out with a visual representation. If you used an active network mode head unit, you can use a dsp, its relatively simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i8cxJaDyjg&list=PLsXZT4BpnusgZmNGIlfD__yygPn_U0khc
Will finish watching them. Seems very informational so far. My head unit does have crossovers and an EQ built in. But apparently does not have network mode from the research I have done. It is a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX. What kind of external processor would you recommend. Have heard good things about the 3Sixty.3 but it’s very expensive. Pay to play I suppose! Just not a big SQ guy so not used to these things. 

Will finish watching them. Seems very informational so far. My head unit does have crossovers and an EQ built in. But apparently does not have network mode from the research I have done. It is a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX. What kind of external processor would you recommend. Have heard good things about the 3Sixty.3 but it’s very expensive. Pay to play I suppose! Just not a big SQ guy so not used to these things. 
look at the digital design processor, or dayton dsp 

Its not a matter of SQ, its more of playing loud while not sounding like complete sh*t would be the proper term, there's no SQ in this setup haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
look at the digital design processor, or dayton dsp 

Its not a matter of SQ, its more of playing loud while not sounding like complete sh*t would be the proper term, there's no SQ in this setup haha.
I do have a hookup with digital designs if that’s what you’re referring to. They’re local. And yeah I definitely get that! Decided to go with Soundigital so all my amps Match. 2 2ks and a 1200.4. Was talking with my SD dealer and he gave me an offer I can’t refuse. Though if my sponsor gives me a good deal on the AAK-OGO1500.2 I may look at that too. I’ll give those processors a look!

I do have a hookup with digital designs if that’s what you’re referring to. They’re local. And yeah I definitely get that! Decided to go with Soundigital so all my amps Match. 2 2ks and a 1200.4. Was talking with my SD dealer and he gave me an offer I can’t refuse. Though if my sponsor gives me a good deal on the AAK-OGO1500.2 I may look at that too. I’ll give those processors a look!
yup Digital Designs DSI-2, its like a fancy upgraded version of the dayton dsp.  make sure you get the bluetooth controller so you can tune everything on your smartphone vs lugging around a laptop.

I ran a Taramps DSP3000 on my mids and TS800x4 on my tweeters and loved that setup. Never should have changed it.

Digital crossovers and clipping limiter is really nice for use on mids.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.