Suggestions on how to seal this?

Participant count
  • Participant list

fatboytyler

CarAudio.com Elite
Having two SA-12s in an Access Cab puts it incredibly close to the rear/door windows. My port is just inches from my rear door window. The handle is already broke, so I had to tape the handle down to keep it from flying out. But because it is already broken, it rattles like no other, especially noticeable on the outside of the vehicle. Any suggestions on how I could seal it off so it won't rattle as much?

Mine do the same not sure what I'm gonna do. But imma try something tomorrow
Let me know what you do and if it works. I'm thinking about maybe taking some extra weather stripping or something of a similar material and either gluing it or bolting it down somehow.

Let me know what you do and if it works. I'm thinking about maybe taking some extra weather stripping or something of a similar material and either gluing it or bolting it down somehow.
I was thinking more like bolting them shut

I was thinking more like bolting them shut
Not really sure how I would bolt it down. Plus I feel like drilling into the glass, however careful and proper you are, will weaken it causing vibrations to crack it. Could just be me being paranoid though.

Drill a small hole through the window latch and panel, insert bolt trough the back, install panel, pull bolt through latch and top it off with a nut.

Don't know if that's possible as all I see is red tape but it's all I could think of.

it would be easier if you can pull the roll-pin from the lever, but you may need to bend the metal mounting in to tighten it... and look for areas you can tighten it up with foam tape or something to take up any play.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.