Suggestions for new audio system

Red Dragon

I got a 1999 Nissan Altima. I'm wanting to replace the stock stereo and speakers with new ones. I'm looking to get really good sound quality. I'm planning on installing some amps later in the future but for now I'm going to replace the head unit and speakers. Also the stock radio is double din so it can be ether single and double din. The features I want are HD Radio and changeable colors. I also want to be about to play songs on my iPod touch. I want a good brand and I've heard that kenwood's are good. I'm thinking about the BT852HD, I like that it has a 3 line display but I've heard that the controls on it are hard to use so I'm also looking at the HD455U or the excelon X596. It's a little out of my price range but I do like the features that the BT955HD has but I have the same question as with the BT852HD, how are the controls? I'm also willing to look at other good brands. I'm also looking for some good speakers. I've been told that the infinity reference speakers are good but I have a question the RMS power of the stereo is 22 and the rms power of the Infinity Reference 6032cf speakers is 60 RMS. Will this mean that it will sound weak because the stereo doesn't have the power to drive the speakers or will it sound fine?

Here are some pictures of the current stock speakers

View attachment 26543755View attachment 26543756View attachment 26543757

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are going to upgrade your speakers, them get an amp for them. You can find cheap and decent 50watt 4 channel or 2 channel amps for less than $100 easily.

Anything will sound better than those speakers if they all are blown like that one. The Infinity Reference speakers will play fine off head unit power. They will sound better with a separate amplifier.

A double DIN will look better, in my opinion. I hate seeing a big ugly pocket under a single DIN when the factory opening fits a double DIN perfectly.

I'm going to put a amp in later on because I'm going to have to run wires and stuff for now I'm just replacing the Head Unit and speakers. I know a double din would look better but there aren't that many that are affordable and I like the kenwoods. So Infinity Reference will sound fine or would it be better to get some speakers that are lower rms. what other speakers would you recommend?

I was looking at a pair of Memphis speakers for a $100 but that's a bit high for me. what 6.5 speakers do you guys recommend for not a lot of money that have good sound and bass.

whats the budget your looking at?

and i would suggest an amp if you are going aftermarket but at the same time depends on your goals and your budget

I got a 1999 Nissan Altima. I'm wanting to replace the stock stereo and speakers with new ones. I'm looking to get really good sound quality. I'm planning on installing some amps later in the future but for now I'm going to replace the head unit and speakers. Also the stock radio is double din so it can be ether single and double din. The features I want are HD Radio and changeable colors. I also want to be about to play songs on my iPod touch. I want a good brand and I've heard that kenwood's are good. I'm thinking about the BT852HD, I like that it has a 3 line display but I've heard that the controls on it are hard to use so I'm also looking at the HD455U or the excelon X596. It's a little out of my price range but I do like the features that the BT955HD has but I have the same question as with the BT852HD, how are the controls? I'm also willing to look at other good brands. I'm also looking for some good speakers. I've been told that the infinity reference speakers are good but I have a question the RMS power of the stereo is 22 and the rms power of the Infinity Reference 6032cf speakers is 60 RMS. Will this mean that it will sound weak because the stereo doesn't have the power to drive the speakers or will it sound fine?
Here are some pictures of the current stock speakers

View attachment 26543755View attachment 26543756View attachment 26543757
Im sure you have a HU by now, but wanted to tell you the HD455U is very nice indeed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.