Suggestions for interior speakers for 4 dr cobalt

Participant count
  • Participant list

rebelfromva
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
VA
Finally getting around to replace my interior speakers in my cobalt. Not sure if I want to run component or comp yet. I most likely won't be putting them on an amp right now. Hi is a ken wood 512. Any suggestions for my setup. 6 1/2s and 6x9s. Thanks guys

pretty sure you car has 6.5s all around, and if you plan on running hu power i would suggest speakers with a low rms, i have rune the fosgate prime 6.5 inch components in a similar vehicular, and actually sounds amazing.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

off hu power

So would you go with comp all the way around? Would the fosgate comps work well with an added amp later

JBL P660C 6.5 components. you can find them on e-bay shipped for $128.15,and come with a 2yr. warranty..My suggestion for 6.5 components:D

So would you go with comp all the way around? Would the fosgate comps work well with an added amp later
yeah, i actually ran them comps in front coax ails in rear in my fiance turus, then added the pbr300x4 amp later and it sound mmmmmm good. really surprising actually since they can be had for $60 new on ebay with shipping

Meh I would say 6x9s would be fine for the the rear alot of people will say round speakers over oval speakers but thats because alot of companies dont make higher end oval speakers. But I would suggest 6x9 over a 6.5 in the rear because it will give you a nice mid bass and help with the lower end more so than a pair of 6.5s

Those who doubt that fine 6x9 speakers exist should check out Hybrid Audio's Imagine I69-2 convertible co-axial/component speakers and also HAT Mirus 6x9 coaxial speakers. Very good stuff. The former has 18mm of two way xmax. Holy midbass cow! A could see myself running a couple of those Imagine woofers (without tweeters), lowpassed at 200Hz for subwoofer-lite duty in the rear deck of a roadster and other vehicles with no much space for subwoofer. I wouldn't mind them to be my front speakers if my car had 6x9 cut outs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.