Suggestion for PM limit exceeded

Trancer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Allen, Texas
As we keep getting our Private Messages reduced and reduced, a problem alot of us have been running into, while PMing each other back and forth or trying to reach out to someone via PM, we have to go to a thread that they started to have the best chance that they receive an email stating someone responded to their thread when someone is just simply stating "Hey, clear out your Inbox."

Why do we not have a notification that pops up and states that your Inbox and Sent Box is full? This happens to me all the time whether its my inbox that gets full or the person I have been trying to reach gets full. Its so frustrating to try and track down that person to get them to clear out their PM's. I have lost deals with people exceeding their maximum PM limit. There are alot of people who have de-selected the option where anytime you post a comment in a thread, you are subscribed so trying to get ahold of that person is often times impossible. Its like you have to post in a thread like you do in Craigslist in the Missed Connections in hopes that person reads it.

Solution would be a pop up everytime you get onto the site, maybe time elapsed, or maybe an email once a day that cannot be turned off in your settings.

Bwah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Are you serious!!!!

Bwah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Are you serious!!!!
ummmm whats wrong with my suggestion? Seriously? You havent ran into this problem before? We use to get some sort of notification, but now we dont. It sneaks up on me all the time. It doesnt take many messages to exceed my limit. 2 pages of messages in my inbox and I have exceeded my limit. When I am selling multiple items, say 2-4 items at a time, which people often do, I could easily have my inbox limit exceeded in a day or two. Often times, there are messages I want kept. Sometimes I export my messages so I can completely clear out my inbox and sent messages.

I dont see why this is such a crazy idea, request, suggestion, etc...

The reason I am laughing, is......the limit got dropped, people complained, nothing happened......... there used to be that feature, they took it away.........then they drop limit on pm's again....people complain....they get told to buy memberships that are over priced.......now you ask for something they already had and took away.......

Not gonna happen.

The reason I am laughing, is......the limit got dropped, people complained, nothing happened......... there used to be that feature, they took it away.........then they drop limit on pm's again....people complain....they get told to buy memberships that are over priced.......now you ask for something they already had and took away.......

Not gonna happen.
It's only $3 a month. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.