subwoffer SQ..not spl

for the most room and best sound, I'd recommend going IB like 60ndown said.

and an Image Dynamics IDQ12 v.3. or two. Great subs, very musical and dig down to the lower frequencies while being very efficient.

Sealed subs are Usually recomended for High end SQ setups because they work well over a wider range of frequencys. In ported set-ups, the port is tuned for a particular rang of frequencies, therefor U'r sound quality, and/or loudness will decress outside of that frequency range. It is possible to tune the port perfectly, but it usually takes many trial & error for that particular car, box & sub.ofcourse U wanna use a high SQ sub (I would go with 2 - 10" 's) . I've always liked Crossfire & Diamond Audio, but there are many great sounding subs out there , many are listed daily on this forum, those are just two of my favorites, I have note have the privlege to test some of the others commonly listed on this furom in the exact same conditions as I have these. Crossfire is an excellent SQ sub though. If U go with a ported sub, U will basically be doing it to go louder (but U will be loosing space that U could use for anouther sub. Two 10's sealed will leave room in U'r trunk than two 10's ported. and 1 10" ported will not sound as good in terms of SQ as 2 10's sealed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.