Subsonic Filter turned off question

eenyuheye8o8
10+ year member

Apparently while my friend was tuning my amp he was telling me I should leave the subsonic filter turned off? Basically 15Hz I think that's what my amp lowest setting is. I'm running a CT-SOUNDS 7000. On 2 15 Zv3s with NS Soft parts. Was wondering if that was a good thing or not. I had it set around 25 hertz than he turned it all the way down.

What is your box tuned to? no it should not be that low, you can see mechanical damage if the woofers unload trying to play below well below tuning frequency

My box is tuned around 38 hertz and yah I tried to speak up but he kept making fun and saying like It should be turned off if your trying to run SPL but if I remember correctly spl is higher tone notes not lows.

My box is tuned around 38 hertz and yah I tried to speak up but he kept making fun and saying like It should be turned off if your trying to run SPL but if I remember correctly spl is higher tone notes not lows.
Tell your friend to stop being an ass and do research before giving false advice:D

If you didn't want to run a SSF or ever run an amp that doesn't have one: You can also easily tweak the EQ on a higher end HU that has a good band-width of EQ adjustments to have a similar effect //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

eenyuheye8o8

10+ year member
eenyuheye8o8
Mililani, Hawaii
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from