Sub/Port Direction for 18" in a Jeep XJ (99 Cherokee)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Umbra

Hobbyist & CA Tenderfoot
I've got a SA-18 that's been sitting on my floor all year just begging to be installed. I've got a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport that I'd like to put it in. I'm still early in the planning stages. I've got to do a little research again, but I'm thinking something like 5.5-6 cuft @ 31-35Hz. If anyone has any experience with the SA-18 please feel free to comment.

My main question was the positioning. Until now I've only done sub/port back because I'd used 12s or less, but with this sized sub and the box-like shape of the XJ (like a tiny SUV) should I do something else? I think with SUVs people usually do sub up port back. I'd want to keep the sub below the window line, so it'd probably be at least two feet from the ceiling if that makes any difference. The port can go as close to any wall as it needs to.

Thoughts?

sub up and port back, play with the box by starting at 6" from rear hatch and move it forward 2" at a time till it sounds the loudest, unless you have access to a meter. find the sweet spot between 6" and 18", keep volume level the same and do not adjust anything else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.