Sub and port facing in a ext cab tacoma

Participant count
  • Participant list

Suggin

SC
I am currently running Jl's HO110 w6v3 in my 01 ext cab tacoma. This truck has limited space so there are only so many options for subwoofers. Right now I have the sub directly behind the drivers side with the sub face and port facing the otherside of the truck behind the passenger seat. I'm currently not home and can't test this out yet, but was wondering what yall think about turning the sub/port 180 to face the wall (it would put the port like 4 inches away...)? Check out this sub box design and tell me what you think, but i cant face the port toward the rear since it is rectangular and wouldnt fit.

Yeh i don't if i could do that with this box. Here is a pic and the port is over the subwoofer in the same direction.
SEGbmsr.jpg

Ohh Damnm!! Ya, You will serve JUSTICE by Building a simple ported enclosure yourself to get more out of that sub.A Plain Jane square box built to specs and maybe even Aero ported will save some space and serve some justice over that Prefabbed enclosure.Find the specs on your subwoofer, and run a thread for questioning of a proper enclosure for it LxWXH with an Aero Port of size and length for a simple Build that you can do yourself.May cost you $40 bucks for the box build info,but that sub will perform so much better than within that enclosure it sits as of now.There should be in the Forum a spot for Enclosures that Buck or? can give you the information needed,or even build you one.Deff go Sub up Port Up.

Ok thanks. yeh, ill eventually start looking into designs to build my own custom box, but for now this thing slams for a prefab enclosure and ima hang on to it. The SQ and loudness is actually very good. This isn't some random prefab box I got online, jl designed this enclosure specifically for this sub. The only reason i got this sub/box combo was because I got a very good price on it (got it cheaper than buying the sub solo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks. yeh, ill eventually start looking into designs to build my own custom box, but for now this thing slams for a prefab enclosure and ima hang on to it. The SQ and loudness is actually very good. This isn't some random prefab box I got online, jl designed this enclosure specifically for this sub. The only reason i got this sub/box combo was because I got a very good price on it (got it cheaper than buying the sub solo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ).
Nothing wrong with that man

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.