Stupid question about why we dont use this method instead of fiberglass

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trancer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Allen, Texas
So I was wondering the other day while I was shopping for fiberglass products and was wondering, why cant we use stuff like Rhino Line bed liner stuff instead of Fiberglass?

Im sure there is a possibility that there is a simple answer to it, but I was just wondering. I have never fiberglassed and I plan on doing it for my first time. Isnt the bedliner stuff extremely strong and durable?

Sorry for the dumb question, but it would be alot cheaper, would take half the time, would already have a great finish without having to sand, and would seem much easier.

It really all depends on how good you are with a gun... Rhino liner can be a million times more durable than fiberglass if used right... My friend has 3/4" of rhino liner sprayed on the inside of his truck bed (about the best and thickest liner job you can do) And You can literally throw a sledge hammer rainbow over your body directly to the bed and it don't even make a mark!

There are two kinds of rhino liner, the paint/roller on kind and then there is the two part heated spray application. The 2 part is by far more superior to the roll on kind and dries almost instantly. I've got the inside and outside of my wall rhino lined and it can actually hold water. Of course, there is some surface prepping that I did (like filling in all the screw holes with spot putty) that made the finish come out perfect.

here are some old pics

FH000022.jpg

inside_of_jeep.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.