• Participant list

Etherialis

Texas
Setup:

Pioneer DEH 80-PRS

MB Quart ONX4.80 (x2)

Kicker KX1200.1

Speakers(Irrelevent for now)

The Pioneer has 3 sets of preamp outputs. I am going to need all 4 channels on each of the ONX4's and was wondering how to work this. The idea is that I would run the a set of preamps to each ONX from the Pioneer and one to the kicker. Then, use the RCA outs on each ONX tob be the second set of inputs into eachother. Bit of a maze but I think this will work? Anyone tried something like this before?

That would work, or you can just use y-splitters and split the RCA's as necessary.

Do you plan on having one amp for tweeters and one amp for mids? Or each amp running sets?

Well as is, I am using one amp for components only, (4 tweeters and 4 6.5's on passive crossovers) and the other for 2 8's and 2 6x9's. I'm debating whether or not to monkey with the crossover on the amps or just let the HU do the the tuning work. Would y splitters cut the signal worse than the passthrough though?

Well as is, I am using one amp for components only, (4 tweeters and 4 6.5's on passive crossovers) and the other for 2 8's and 2 6x9's. I'm debating whether or not to monkey with the crossover on the amps or just let the HU do the the tuning work. Would y splitters cut the signal worse than the passthrough though?
You should see no loss in signal doing either one of those options, so whichever is more convenient for you will work. The crossover settings are something different all together.

Tommy K in the house up there.

You can also check to see if those amps have a 2ch input mode. That will allow all 4 channels to operate from only 1 set of RCA inputs.

You would then have one amp on the front output from the deck and the other amp on the rear.

Tommy K in the house up there.
You can also check to see if those amps have a 2ch input mode. That will allow all 4 channels to operate from only 1 set of RCA inputs.

You would then have one amp on the front output from the deck and the other amp on the rear.
This is also a good idea. Did not think about 2 channel mode.

It says there is 2/3/4 Channel operation, but whether or not that shuts off channel outputs is not stated. I will buy the y's just in case and send them back if they aren't needed.

It says there is 2/3/4 Channel operation, but whether or not that shuts off channel outputs is not stated. I will buy the y's just in case and send them back if they aren't needed.
After doing some research, sure enough if it has 2/3/4 mode. I actually have an MQ Quart DSC4125 in my competition truck that is set up on 2ch mode with one set of RCA's. Works great.

So you can do that and not need any additional RCA's or splitters, just the one 4ch set (or two 2ch sets) you have coming from the headunit. Run one set to each amp and set it on 2ch mode and you'll be set.

You can run just 1 set of RCA's to each MB Quart amp. There is a setting for either 2 channel or 4 channel input.

Setup:
Pioneer DEH 80-PRS

MB Quart ONX4.80 (x2)

Kicker KX1200.1

Speakers(Irrelevent for now)

The Pioneer has 3 sets of preamp outputs. I am going to need all 4 channels on each of the ONX4's and was wondering how to work this. The idea is that I would run the a set of preamps to each ONX from the Pioneer and one to the kicker. Then, use the RCA outs on each ONX tob be the second set of inputs into eachother. Bit of a maze but I think this will work? Anyone tried something like this before?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.