Stubborn idiots..

Full Tilt
10+ year member

Bonafide MAFer
Iowa
This is aggravating.

I've got a close bud with a single 12 in the trunk of his Grand-Am. And for a single 12" sub, I know he's not getting all the output he could be getting. I was questioning him on his setup, and came to learn that he's running an MTX sub in a sealed box that's above the recommended specs for a ported box for this subwoofer. And instead of buying a ported box within the recommended range of the manufacturer like I suggested, he insists on getting another sub and getting a box that's almost twice as big as the one has has now.

He refuses to believe anything other than 'bigger is better' and 'sealed will give him more accuracy'. So, he's dead-set on that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

Stupidity and ignorance are different things. Teach him why bigger isn't always better, and how sealed vs ported is much more complicated than accuracy vs loudness.

Stupidity and ignorance are different things. Teach him why bigger isn't always better, and how sealed vs ported is much more complicated than accuracy vs loudness.
bra, ported boxes r for rap yo they be only making loud sloppy bass if u wanna listen to rock bro u need sealed 10z cuz dey be hittin all da high notes if u get 15 in a ported dey only hit da lows ya know

bra, ported boxes r for rap yo they be only making loud sloppy bass if u wanna listen to rock bro u need sealed 10z cuz dey be hittin all da high notes if u get 15 in a ported dey only hit da lows ya know
We see you trollin'.

We hatin'.

You see, that's the thing. I cannot get it through his thick skull, regardless of how many times I tell him, that his box is the main flaw in his system, and that's where he's losing the majority of his output. He just refuses to accept it.

Somehow, it's gotten around my town that u always do double recommended airspace or that prefab boxes are professional boxes and are actually best //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Full Tilt

10+ year member
Bonafide MAFer
Full Tilt
Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date