strengthening dowels

saywhat?
5,000+ posts

satx120, jealous?
how do u guys get your dowels strong enuff to stretch fleece over. i hot glued mine and to no avail they collapse after a little stretching. im trying resin/sawdust right now, dont know how that will do. but i know for sure they arent going to be identical on each side. this *****

its why you dont use dowels and hot glue, cut some angled pieces of wood to prop the speaker ring etc up, and screw it in to place. will be very sturdy for the fleece. also the resin drying makes heat, which can met the hot glue.

resin went on before hot glue. and a have no "brad nailer" of my own or CA glue local. and i will do the angled piece tomorrow and see what happens....volume is limited though thats my problem.

im not really sure if it really makes a difference, but i used high temp hot glue over low temp. i made somewhat of a mess on my base mdf where the dowels sit and had a hard time even scraping it off.
that's what i was just going to suggest. the high temperature glue will hold Way better then the low temp.

I showed you how to do it before with the 2 x 4. Nothing can beat it.

Once again I'm with you 2 x4, 1x2. I like something with more surface area. It only makes since the more stable the brace by itsef is. The more stable the baffles will be when pulling a fleece over them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

resin went on before hot glue. and a have no "brad nailer" of my own or CA glue local. and i will do the angled piece tomorrow and see what happens....volume is limited though thats my problem.

Ca glue is super glue brother man . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

saywhat?

5,000+ posts
satx120, jealous?
saywhat?
H'Burg Mississippi!
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date