Stereo in 08 Dodge Ram

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vortec Stroker
10+ year member

I'm putting an RD Alpha V3 10" sub in my 08 Dodge Ram quad cab. Its my work truck, and after finishing my RE SX10 install in my personal truck, I couldn't live without one in my work truck (that I spend 500x as much time in) Only problem is that I don't know how the stock speakers will do when competing against the sub, and if they are any good (compared to most stock speakers... I'm not comparing to high end Rainbow or Focals) My options are:

Use stock head unit and convert high level speakers inputs to RCA inputs to send signal to amp - then install bass blockers as a crossover to not send lows to door speakers.

or

Install head unit with lpf and hpf crossovers built into the RCA pre-outs like the Pioneer in my wifes car and send signal normally to amp through RCA.

What should I do, obviously its a budget deal with it being my work truck so I cant dump alot of money into it. Thanks!!!

I wanted to keep it simple because I will have to take it all out in a year when I get a new work truck... but I think you're right it will be worth it. I'm just worried because I will have to take it all out in 6 month to a year when I get a new work truck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.