Static!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

terifi
10+ year member

your average stereo junky
just got some new infinity 60.5cs components

the amp outputs 62.5@4 ohms, and the speaker handles 90rms

i hooked up the woofers to the included crossovers, put everything back on, and im getting static/(for lack of a better word...farting) out of my woofer, yet its not even close to rms....whats the deal?

would not having the tweeters hooked up yet cause this?

or are their wires some where i should check?

I JUST WANT MY SOUND TO BE GOOD....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

PLease Help!!

static and farting sound completly different, many things can cause static, if thats the noise your hearing than we will tackle that hill later.....if it is the "farting" noise, that is generally an indication of the sub hitting "hallow", ie the box is leaking cause the sub to get very sloppy. Did you build it yourself?

IM sorry for the miscommunication, but i figured that listing the product name, its nominal power, and the amt i have to it, you would understand it was a regular 6.5" speaker, its not a subwoofer, its a component 6.5" woofer, it doesnt go in a box

could the speaker be blown? i get alot of sound, but i also get pretty much...a farting noise running it lower than nominal power.

sorry....i read it wrong, you basicly hit it right on, most likely its blown....so there is no static, correct? is it only the one side that is getting the noise?

another misunderstanding

ok, 1st off, i bought these on ebay.....cheap but.....

they have like a 7-day return policy, but thats not very long to install and test speakers esp. as busy as i am

anyway, i took out the old ones, mounted the new ones, (i took the factory wire connectors, and just tightened them to fit around the new speakers, could this be a problem)

then took everything and put it back into place (probably sould have tested them before that)

cranked it up, sounded better, but i didnt have the tweeters in yet, so i fig. they will be, and then opened the door and put my ear up close to hear the fine quality of infinity, only to hear it farting away.......

you can hear a good amount of sound out of both of the speakers, and a low to medium level of farting, no its not really static, but both speakers sound equal, both have same level of output music sound and farting sound, tomm i think im going to replace the old connectors that i had bent with new ones, but should i look for anything in particular otherwise) like maybe theres a connection, like the front rca, thats fuzzy, b/c its not all the way in?

a friend suggested hooking the speakers to a multimeter, and another said i should try hooking the speakers to the h/u's output instead of the amps?

any other suggestions, please help, so i can hopefully understand the situation before my refund time expires.

a few things that come to mind. is ur amps high-pass crossover active? are your positive and negitives crossed for ur mid woofers either at the xover or at the woofer or at the amp, make sure ur not grounding out ur positive connections to the woofer either.

see if u can try another amp too but i dont think that will fix it.

see if any of that helps

so if i have, switched the pos and negative, would i be getting any sound at all, see the thing is, im getting sound, a fair amt, BUT there is also crackling/buzzing, and it is def from the speaker, i switched the pos/neg wire at the door, and it sounded exactly the same, i took them out after that, and am gonna return them, but thanks for the info

no....i am using it....well was,

but the tweeters werent plugged up to it, just the woofer, and my amp wasnt set at hp or lp,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.