ssd vs bl

bvr_j_0969
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
kentucky
im going to be doing a blow through on my 89 std cab s10. original plan was 36 re 8's to much work and money for me to do. SO i decided 4 18" ssd's but powering them would be a problem i would have to completely redo my charging system. and the money for the subs and to power them would be crazy. so now im thinking. maybe 2 18" bl's

2000 rms to power both. 1200 rms less then the ssd's but the thing is i want to be loud. plain and simple and i want it to be retarded looking none the less. thats why i am kind of stuck.

im pretty sure the 4 ssd's would be louder. but not 100% positive. do you think the extra money for the install and parts for the ssd's would be worth it?

which would you do if you were in my shoes. this is going to be a show quality install since it will be in my s10 that i am now building for shows. also money is not a problem because i can always save a little at a time for parts. i am in no real hurry to get this done.

Hmm... in all honesty... unless you are doing a full walk-through with a cap... I wouldn't do 18's...
Coming from a guy with a LOUD TRK.

nG
its not going to be a full walk through but i do have a camper shell

not to flame, but your sayin you dont have the money for subs, but money is not a problem to make it look good?

sorry the way i ment for it to sound is i dont know if the extra cost for the 4 ssd's would be worth it spl wise over the 2 bl's

sorry the way i ment for it to sound is i dont know if the extra cost for the 4 ssd's would be worth it spl wise over the 2 bl's
gotcha. its all in your install. you could buy one type r and be hittin up in the 150's if you do it right (its been done). just read up and research. hell, 1 18 or 15 might do ya alright, its allllllllll in the installllllllllllll

components: 20%

install: 80%

do 10s. everyone puts me down when i tell them i have 10s. "i got 15s boy, you got nothin on me". side by side, they dont stand a chance.
that is why i done my last build with 6 re 8's ported. love them and they get loud. hell they even put down a big local car audio guys new system with 2 15's that is why i liked the idea of the re 8's they blow peoples minds everytime they hear them they dont believe they are making that much spl.

because people have played with the BL's long enough to know how well they do...

THEY WERE JUST FUGGIN RELEASED HOLY ****ING MOTHER OF GOD ****ED ANAL PEARLS

This whole forum is "this vs. that" and its NEVER a solid comparison of similar products. HOLY ****!

because people have played with the BL's long enough to know how well they do...

THEY WERE JUST FUGGIN RELEASED HOLY ****ING MOTHER OF GOD ****ED ANAL PEARLS

This whole forum is "this vs. that" and its NEVER a solid comparison of similar products. HOLY ****!
very true.

do something unique. 4 8L7's, 12 CVR's. 6 10w3's

id love to play around with 1 or 2 10w3's..when i go to a smaller system, thats what im gunna be runnin

very true.
do something unique. 4 8L7's, 12 CVR's. 6 10w3's
locally that is all people around here have noone in my town has ever heard of RE but kicker and jl is a diff story. i like using these companys you hear alot about on the internet because most of the time no one around me will even know what they are. and since they have never heard of them the will think they are **** untill i turn it up for them.

locally that is all people around here have noone in my town has ever heard of RE but kicker and jl is a diff story. i like using these companys you hear alot about on the internet because most of the time no one around me will even know what they are. and since they have never heard of them the will think they are **** untill i turn it up for them.
then do a 12xxx. if it hasnt sold yet 2 or 3 days ago someone was selling one for $350. if i didnt like my ssds so much i woulda bought it

or go DD

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.