SSA ( ZCON 18 ) Review.... [VIDEO]

Participant count
  • Participant list
Meh, I liked the looks of the old style full cone convex dustcap...
33mm excursion? What's mechanical limits on 8" spider in that basket?
Xmax is actually 29mm. Will mispoke. The full cap won't hold up to the pressure/power most customers will put on this driver, so it is what it is for that reason.

I completely agree with you though, I prefer that cap 10x's more also.

Xmax is actually 29mm. Will mispoke. The full cap won't hold up to the pressure/power most customers will put on this driver, so it is what it is for that reason.
I completely agree with you though, I prefer that cap 10x's more also.
Figured as much about the cap. I've heard guys say they fold cones with too small a cap at high power levels too. Seems that more in the middle of the cone adds some critical rigidity.

I had some X-cons for a little while and they were very nicely built subs. I'd expect good things from these.... Looks like a beast.

Zcons looks beastly. I'm hoping to get a pair of xcons in sometime soon. Though may be the old model. I haven't seen the new

Zcons looks beastly. I'm hoping to get a pair of xcons in sometime soon. Though may be the old model. I haven't seen the new
New XCONs looks basically the same, the difference is the solid back plate with recessed area for the SSA dome tag. This hides the new cooling we added to this already great driver, allowing it to handle more power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, and stay cooler, longer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

soundsolutions

Pro Seller
SoundSolutionsAudio.com
soundsolutions
Potsdam, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date