SSA Iccon vs Fi Q

NateDawg122
10+ year member

USA
Alright so which one would be better, a 10" SSA Icon or a 12" Fi Q? I would be looking for more like a SQL sub but would also like to smack the lows. I have the Icon right now and it slams the lows but doesn't do **** higher up in the frequency range. Would the Fi Q be better? Oh and the Icon is in the optimal ported box tuned @30hz.

Alright so which one would be better, a 10" SSA Icon or a 12" Fi Q? I would be looking for more like a SQL sub but would also like to smack the lows. I have the Icon right now and it slams the lows but doesn't do **** higher up in the frequency range. Would the Fi Q be better? Oh and the Icon is in the optimal ported box tuned @30hz.
I would imagine the enclosure is more of the issue. It was more then likely designed/built with lows in mind and in order to gain the upper response you are wanting you have to alter the tuning and or firing direction of the sub/port to work with the application to net the result you want.

How high up are you wanting the sub to play?
Well I had a Kicker CVX before my Icon and I don't need anything that hits that high but it seems like the Icon ONLY his the low notes. Maybe somewhere in between the two.

I would imagine the enclosure is more of the issue. It was more then likely designed/built with lows in mind and in order to gain the upper response you are wanting you have to alter the tuning and or firing direction of the sub/port to work with the application to net the result you want.
Any suggestions for a different box?

Sorry, I should have been more detailed in my response. What frequency range did you want the Icon to reach up to?

Side note - the Icon has always been heavy on the low end, always has since 2007, so very possible the bottom end could just be over powering the higher range. People really liked it that way and we have tried to keep it that way while improving things along the way. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sorry, I should have been more detailed in my response. What frequency range did you want the Icon to reach up to? 

Side note - the Icon has always been heavy on the low end, always has since 2007, so very possible the bottom end could just be over powering the higher range. People really liked it that way and we have tried to keep it that way while improving things along the way. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I'm not really sure, probably around 300hz. Maybe asking too much there but I just need a bit wider frequency range and I would love to do that with the Icon if at all possible.

I'm not really sure, probably around 300hz. Maybe asking too much there but I just need a bit wider frequency range and I would love to do that with the Icon if at all possible.
300hz is not your "sub-woofer's" job.That falls on your mids, perhaps try and adjusting your crossover/eq settings for them and see where you come out. This may be a situation where the mids fall short do to the ability of the speaker or the install. That is if adjusting the crossover points and/or eq settings do not resolve the issue.

300hz is not your "sub-woofer's" job.That falls on your mids, perhaps try and adjusting your crossover/eq settings for them and see where you come out. This may be a situation where the mids fall short do to the ability of the speaker or the install. That is if adjusting the crossover points and/or eq settings do not resolve the issue.
Check your PM's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.