SRT-4's, whay the hate and why the love? No between?

h22a's my baby, in hindsight it wouldve been easyer to go with a h23, wouldn't of had to resleve etc.
yeah, the K20s, in the type r and the rsx, the K20 that is in the Si however is a little bit different, its got a different vtec system thats basically just the ecu, rather then lobes on the cams etc. purddy gay.

i'd love to go on a ride in the EG, so much torque steer i'd be afraid i'd end up in a ditch... be fun though.

http://www.turbotruck.net check that out!
Actually, the k20 in the rsx, rsx type-s, and civic si are all basically the same with the rsx's using a bit different cam profile, injectors and engine mapping. I don't recall if the displacement is the same. None of the k20's use VTEC on the exhaust cam, only on the intake, because rather than switch lobes on the cam as the old systems used to, the i-VTEC can adjust intake cam phase to accomplish the same thing with a flatter torque curve. Just because you want to crack on someone, you really ought not to talk out of your a$$- actually research the stuff. If the K20 VTEC system is so gay,(i-VTEC), why are virtually ALL Hondas using it now??? Oh yeah because their engineers have forgotten far more about this stuff than you will ever know. Oh, I just went out and checked, the RSX type-s and civic si have the same displacement:2.0liters.

Actually, the k20 in the rsx, rsx type-s, and civic si are all basically the same with the rsx's using a bit different cam profile, injectors and engine mapping. I don't recall if the displacement is the same. None of the k20's use VTEC on the exhaust cam, only on the intake, because rather than switch lobes on the cam as the old systems used to, the i-VTEC can adjust intake cam phase to accomplish the same thing with a flatter torque curve. Just because you want to crack on someone, you really ought not to talk out of your a$$- actually research the stuff. If the K20 VTEC system is so gay,(i-VTEC), why are virtually ALL Hondas using it now??? Oh yeah because their engineers have forgotten far more about this stuff than you will ever know. Oh, I just went out and checked, the RSX type-s and civic si have the same displacement:2.0liters.

who ever debated the displacement? the engine code says it, you have not read one posts that i or anyone else has made, yes the engines in all of those cars but it is a different version. the vtec system on the k20 in the civic is different. and the engine in the rsx none type s is also different. but you simply look at the k20a and ignore the a1 or a2 or any other specs. if you want to continue to disagree with me you can take yourself on over to honda-tech where they can eat you alive.

I just hate the cocky-ass people who say **** like "omg I have like a racecar, only faster lolz". I remember one video these dumbasses made, where they were supposedly "racing" a mustang gt. I hear the shitheads yelling all excited about how fast theyre gaining and passing him. the guy with the cam turns to look at the driver of the other car, and the guy is just sitting there with his window open, chilling to some music, completely oblivious to the tards driving alongside him. They just remind me too much of the "honda racers", sorry kids, Fast and the Furious is not real life.

who ever debated the displacement? the engine code says it, you have not read one posts that i or anyone else has made, yes the engines in all of those cars but it is a different version. the vtec system on the k20 in the civic is different. and the engine in the rsx none type s is also different. but you simply look at the k20a and ignore the a1 or a2 or any other specs. if you want to continue to disagree with me you can take yourself on over to honda-tech where they can eat you alive.
Yes, the difference is in cam grind, engine management, etc. The i-VTEC operates the same, the components are basically the same. Are they swapable? No,i don't think so, but they function the SAME. I assure you the VTEC system is not different in operation from the civic si, rsx, or rsx type-s.I am currently at a Honda FACTORY TRAINING FACILITY AND FREAKING LOOKED AT ALL 3 MODELS IN A ROW. You obviously just can't admit when you are wrong. I never said anyone was wrong regarding the displacement, I wasn't sure so I went out and LOOKED AT THEM IN THE SHOP. I LOOKED AT THE SYSTEMS IN THE SERVICE MANUALS AND COMPARED THEIR CONSTRUCTION. IN THIS I AM RIGHT. Of course none of this has any bearing on the fact that an SRT-4 is a pretty fast car, and it takes quite a few mods to ANY Honda to make it keep up.

Yes, the difference is in cam grind, engine management, etc. The i-VTEC operates the same, the components are basically the same. Are they swapable? No,i don't think so, but they function the SAME. I assure you the VTEC system is not different in operation from the civic si, rsx, or rsx type-s.I am currently at a Honda FACTORY TRAINING FACILITY AND FREAKING LOOKED AT ALL 3 MODELS IN A ROW. You obviously just can't admit when you are wrong. I never said anyone was wrong regarding the displacement, I wasn't sure so I went out and LOOKED AT THEM IN THE SHOP. I LOOKED AT THE SYSTEMS IN THE SERVICE MANUALS AND COMPARED THEIR CONSTRUCTION. IN THIS I AM RIGHT. Of course none of this has any bearing on the fact that an SRT-4 is a pretty fast car, and it takes quite a few mods to ANY Honda to make it keep up.
i told you what to do, go do it

After further review, here is the lowdown as printed in the Acura rsx service manual. I don't have info an any JHM motors, so I can't comment on them intelligently. I was a bit wrong with my earlier statement, hence the correction.

K20a1 (civic si) VTEC on the intake cam, and VTC (variable valve timing)intake cam

k20a2 & k20z1 (rsx) VTEC on the intake and exhaust cams, VTC in the intake cam

k20A3 (later civic si's)Vtec on the intake cam only, VTC on intake cam.

So, I freely admit I was not as correct as I believed from looking at the cars though all three systems do function the same. My bad.

After further review, here is the lowdown as printed in the Acura rsx service manual. I don't have info an any JHM motors, so I can't comment on them intelligently. I was a bit wrong with my earlier statement, hence the correction.K20a1 (civic si) VTEC on the intake cam, and VTC (variable valve timing)intake cam

k20a2 & k20z1 (rsx) VTEC on the intake and exhaust cams, VTC in the intake cam

k20A3 Vtec on the intake cam only, VTC on intake cam.

So, I freely admit I was not as correct as I believed from looking at the cars though all three systems do function the same. My bad.

you were man enough to admit it when most wouldn't props

no hard feelings

You must have one bad ass honda. Nice!Also, every car group is cocky as hell unless it's your car group. That is what I have learned owning several different cars. It's all relative.
This is like everything in life, its called the in-group bias. I've seen this as well.. withe very type of vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.