SQL Enclosure Design Help for Death Penalty 21"

Participant count
  • Participant list

wisconsin
10+ year member

Incriminator Audio's website gives a range of enclosure sizes, tuning frequencies, and port areas for this sub. I would appreciate some help with designing a ported enclosure. I used the Resonant Engineering sub enclosure calculator for a rough draft, but I am not sure what I should use for the overall size of the enclosure, minimum port area for this sub, and tuning frequency for a daily driver (no competitions).

I listen to all types of music and love deep bass rap. I don't really listen to test tones. I have heard that Resonant Engineering's enclosure calculator is off by a bit, so I am skeptical about using it, but need to physically see something so that I know exactly how/where to make my wood cuts and how to assemble it. I think it would be perfect if someone could help me decide on what specs would work best for sound quality and then once that is figured out, what dimensions to plug in to the RE calculator that equate to the correct cuts to make for the wood.

I don't know how the 7.5 cubes vs. 10 cubes effects the sound, what minimum port size is needed, and what tuning frequency to use to make this setup sound as good as possible, while maintaining good spl output. Keep in mind that I have a dvd player in my truck, so I will be watching movies as well (deep bass). I appreciate any help you can give me. The website doesn't list the T/S specs of the sub.

Sub: Incriminator Audio 21" Death Penalty (Dual 2 ohm wired to 1 ohm)

Use: Daily Driver (no comps) with emphasis on sound quality

Powered by: MA Audio HK2000D 1,500 watts RMS @ 1ohm

I.A.'s website enclosure recommendations:

Sealed Not Recommended

Ported 7.5 cubes - 10.0 cubes

90 - 160 Inches of Port

Tuning: 32-37 Hz

Average: 8.5 cubes, 120 inches, 32-37 Hz

I.A.'s website sub specs:

Sub diameter: 21 1/4"

Mounting diameter: 19 1/4"

Mounting depth: 11 7/8"

driver displacement: 0.26 cu ft

power: 1,500 rms, 3,000 peak

max external enclosure Dimensions I have to work with (vehicle is 2001 lincoln navigator)

max Width: 52"

max height:18"

max depth:??

Sub will be facing upwards toward truck roof in enclosure and will be as far forward in the rear cargo area as possible up against the 2nd row captains chair backrests. Slot Port will also be facing upwards on one side of the enclosure.

Please use max width and height and adjust depth as necessary, keeping as shallow as possible while maintaining highest sound quality possible.

Incriminator Audio Death Penalty product page:

http://www.incriminatoraudio.com/update/index.php?page=2&product=3

Enclosure webpage:

http://www.incriminatoraudio.com/update/index.php?page=3&cat=2

Resonant Engineering Enclosure Calculator page:

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.