SQ Heads - What do you listen to?

sqhertz
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Miami ,Fl
since , im selling everything trying to make ends meet , ive already started planning my next setup , and it will be SQ oriented. im just very curious as to what you guys with 2 , 3 and 4 way active setups listen to.

personally , i listen to alot of rap , with some rock and metal thrown in there. obviously rap doesnt have any dynamics , depth , etc. like some other types of music does. so that brings me to ask , wtf do you guys listen to? just re-downloaded bitcomet and my download finger is itchin'.

youtube links will be a big plus.

Eagles Live

Focal Demo disks

Chesky Recordings Ultimate Demo disk

or I can search the 300 threads asking this question..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Find used CD's originally made from the mid 80's through the early 90's, it really doesnt matter what kind of music, it will sound better because any CD's made since the mid 90's are recorded with compression to "make them louder", which destroys the sound quality.

Avoid older music thats labeled "remastered" on recent re-releases because the record companies take older uncompressed music and add compression to resell the same music.

sq is a lot more expensive..
Going active with raw drivers is surely way more expensive than going the SPL route and buying a big mono amp, upgrading electrical, monster subs + enclosure, etc.

I really dig Blind Melon and Alice In Chains Unplugged.

or I can search the 300 threads asking this question..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

ive been going through those since i got home from work...

i'm sure i'll catch some **** for this but elton john's ballad tracks, rocket man, goodbye yellow brick road, etc. stp's core album, live eric clapton, this could go on for a while...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.