SPL contests should be done with music

lebomb
10+ year member

Son Of Thunder
Each contest should have a selected song and the SPL should be taken from that instead of burps. Personally I never understood burps.........Bvvvvvvt!!!! 176db!

I believe all frequencies should be taken into account. Not just bass and sub bass tones.

What do yall think?

They have SQ comps. And best demo vehicle and loudest trunk car and loudest non wall and best 30sec on music and best 3min on music... There are lots of different stuff not just burp homie

I was in SS 1-2 no wall and everyone burped ???? In fact can't say many shows I've been to, maybe 2 or 3 guys played straight music.

Yea, there are contests for all aspects. If you don't like burps, don't compete in them.

Also, those kickers burped a 150 at 59 hz.. No way they could do respectable numbers down low on music.. just saying.

They have SQ comps. And best demo vehicle and loudest trunk car and loudest non wall and best 30sec on music and best 3min on music... There are lots of different stuff not just burp homie
I just havent seen many of them in my city.

Also, those kickers burped a 150 at 59 hz.. No way they could do respectable numbers down low on music.. just saying.
Love my CompR. Does exactly and more of what I ask for. It gets more than deep and loud enough. I get plenty of compliments from those I ride with. They actually think its too much. Guess you have to be very, very young, into just shear output and need everyone around you to hear your bass at a stop light to think your system is good. Unless you do compete, what is the point of 4000watts and an SPL of 150 or more on a daily driver? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Love my CompR. Does exactly and more of what I ask for. It gets more than deep and loud enough. I get plenty of compliments from those I ride with. They actually think its too much. Guess you have to be very, very young, into just shear output and need everyone around you to hear your bass at a stop light to think your system is good. Unless you do compete, what is the point of 4000watts and an SPL of 150 or more on a daily driver? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

It's to much because everything else is stock.

I just havent seen many of them in my city.
There are more sanctioned SQ comps than SPL comps around here.

Demos are fun. Love the feeling of bass, like I think most people here do. Also, I'm hard of hearing anyways. I've ruptured one of my eardrums, and damaged the other in football. I've got problems hearing on the phone. Music has to be a little louder for me to enjoy it.

7k+ RMS is where it's at. 4k and under is nothing, haha

If your doing it so other people at stop light think your system is good your in this hobby for the wrong reasons. Who cares what anyone else thinks. It's about if your happy... And the point of 150db+ daily drivers is the same point as a car have 300 horsepower. What's the point of all that horse power if u don't race. Just get a Prius with 7hp to put around town.

It's to much because everything else is stock.
Actually no. It blends in well because I dont have the gains high, or bass boost on. The rest of my speakers play the highs/mids without worrying about the bass. Its not overkill intentionally bass wise. But it does get loud. Maybe not YOUR loud, but as a daily driver it can get loud.

Anyhow, I will be looking for some of these contest to pop up.

Bass boost should be off no matter what..

Nobody uses it to raise 40hz valleys in frequency response. Better to cut other stuff and raise gains than boost what wasn't there.

7k+ RMS is where it's at. 4k and under is nothing, haha
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/escape.gif.52b661afb17bde1db0e0c7da97e75b38.gif

****! Im not saying I dont enjoy the very loud SPL systems. Im just older, and I can only go so far. My wife looks at me crazy right now. Rolling into the garage playin 2 chains.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/escape.gif.52b661afb17bde1db0e0c7da97e75b38.gif
****! Im not saying I dont enjoy the very loud SPL systems. Im just older, and I can only go so far. My wife looks at me crazy right now. Rolling into the garage playin 2 chains.
Lol. I've got my daily driver and fun vehicle. I can go as far as I can afford with my car.

Doing an M4a right now (7k+ RMS).

Two AA 8.0TFE's this summer (30k strapped before rise wired to one ohm nominal)

Lol my wife's car is louder then u hehe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.