Speedwire/9wire

Participant count
  • Participant list
The 9 wire goes from amp to behind the radio so you don't have to run new wire

You connect the crossover in the door and run wire in your door for the mid and tweeter

I wanted to 9-wire my speakers from the main harness to the amp. I'm going to be getting some new component speakers up front. How's the 9-wire work if I have these crossovers that come with the new components? Thanks.
Just make sure your factory speaker wiring is large enough gauge to support your amps

The 9 wire goes from amp to behind the radio so you don't have to run new wireYou connect the crossover in the door and run wire in your door for the mid and tweeter
I'm sorry. I not exactly sure what you're saying about running wire in the door.

You connect the speed wire to your factory wires

Then from the factory wire to the crossover then you need to run wire from the crossover to your mid and tweeter

nothing should change if you wire the 9 wire conductor properly. just in case you're wondering, the 9th wire is best used for the remote turn on for an amp.

when you starting getting into active set ups is when you worry about modifying the 9 wire, and even then you dont really modify it. you just need to run an extra 2 conductor wire to each tweeter and put the midrange speaker on the original 9 wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Nate154

Nate154
Des Moines, IA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
wew lad