Speaker Static HELP!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pistonsfan70
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok, I am going to try to explain this as best as I can.

I have a Clarion VRX935 vd and the hideaway (BRAIN) unit is under my passenger seat. I have never had a problem with it but I knew eventually, that location was going to mess up the wires (when moving the seat back & forth)

Well it finally happened, I started to hear static when I hit bumps and the car audio went loud & quiet by itself. I know it was the RCA's because if I fiddled around with the RCAS on the brain unit, it would work, but eventually move itself and go back to messing up my sound.

So today, I went and had a car audio shop replace the RCAS and the problem is gone but a new problem arose. If the volume is at 0 there is no static but as soon as you turn it up to 1 on the dial, you can CLEARLY hear some static. The static does not get louder as the volume gets louder but you can hear it in certain parts of songs and it is ANNOYING. They tested the new rca's they put in and couldn't figure it out. The brain is connected to my Eclipse amp and while testing which part it was, the static went away when I un-plugged the front audio output from the brain or the front audio input from the amp, the static went away. It is driving me NUTS cuz I listen to alot of talk radio (Maxim ROCKS) and you can hear the static ALOT... It's not the RCA's, could it be the brain unit??? Any input would be appreciated GREATLY!!

Any thoughts???

Could it be the brain unit? I am thinking the fools at the audio shop might've damaged it because I've tested EVERYTHING and the static goes away when you unplug the front audio rca from either my amp or the "brain."

Needless to say, I am NOT happy. I KNOW the static was NOT form the brain prior to them changing the RCA's. THis is a different kind of static. Can they be help responisble?

Well your in luck, but I dont know how to fix it either. I have the same indash with the brain under my passenger seat. I have the alternator whine and static. It is so annoying. It goes away obviously when the front rca's are unplugged from amp. The only solution Im going to do is get new RCA cables. I tried a stinger ground loop isolator and it didnt work. I have no idea why I have that annoying whine or static and sometimes I can hear my cd player switching tracks through the speakers when I select a track.

I don't know if this will work, but it a shot...

Had a similar problem with a friends car and CA suggestions was to wrap wire around the RCA and then gound them,

id say try that, my monster x 401s have wire made into them that u are suppose to ground to help with static and whine. give it a try man, i hope that fixes ur problem because i know how annoyin and frustrating it is to have that noise in ur system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.