Speaker Recommendations with JBL BP1200.1 in a 2014 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Participant count
  • Participant list

amp_viper

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 2x 10" or 12" depending on space and weight as well as sound quality

Budget: $1200

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): JBL BP1200.1

14.4 Volt Power:

(max output w/ 1% THD)

841.1 Watts x 1 @ 4 ohms

1,378.1 Watts X 1 @ 2 ohms

12- Volt Power:

(max output w/ 1% THD)

683.8 watts x 1 @ 4ohms

1,039.7 Watts x 1 @ 2ohms

Input Sensitivity:

(for 1 watt output): 19 to 290mv

THD Plus Noise (at 1 watt) 0.2%

S/N ratio:

At max gain, 72.8 db

At min gain, 76.8 db

Freq. Resp.:

@ 20Hz, -0.37 db

@ 300 Hz, -3.65 db

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): 28"W X 16"H x 18"D maximum in a 2014 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Goals: Want to use least amount of space possible and have great sound quality without clipping the speakers. I prefer to stick with 2 ohm stable over 1 ohm. I'm open to an suggestions but don't want to load down the electrical system and want to keep the weight of the system at a minimum. I would prefer an enclosure that stays on the left and right side of the trunk opening so I can use the trunk opening if possible, however it's not a necessity.

Listening habits: All around, country, rap, pop, dubstep, etc.

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: Previously had 2 Orion HCCA 12's for SPL competition, want sound quality now looking at JL 10w6v3 or 12w6v3 due to limited space requirements. Sundown may use too much space however it's not out of the question.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.