Soundstream Rubicon components great value IMO

Participant count
  • Participant list

Undisputed King
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CenCal
Well I took a chance and I picked up the Soundstresm Rubicon RBC.6 component set. I picked these up from auto club for 68 bucks shipped. I searched and searched and found nothing on these. So I decided I would put some information on here about them. Well first off these look to be well built. Very heavy and heavy duty cast basket. They are a bit deep at 2.38" and the crossovers are a bit on the big side. the magnet/basket assembly is wide which makes it harder than normal to make fit. Other than that I have much positive things to say about them. By no means am I an audiophile, I just like LOUD while maintaining some clarity. Anyway I have these powered off a Soundstream tarantula series amp with 100wrms x 4 at 4 /omega off a Pioneer P9400bh. Even though they are rated at 150wrms these components sound awesome at 100wrms. They get loud and seem to have good midbass at the moment even though I cant say for certain since my doors are not deadened yet since im trying to fix the problems im having with the window tracks on this civic. The tweeters are a bit overpowering at the moment, I have only tried two of the three tweeter attenuations. -0db and -3db but I think I will need to go down to -6db for my tastes as I like soft highs. These are nice silk dome tweeters. They are mounted in my stock panel where the mirror mounts to faced at the opposite side headrest. So thats probably why the tweets are a bit overpowering at -3db. The component set gets very loud before distorting. But that may be because my amp begins to clip idk. I will end up powering these with a JBL PX300.4 soon so they will be getting around 130wrms soon.

I did not want to put this in the review category because I am not sure about my thoughts since I am no audiophile. I want someone else with more experience with components than me. Since the only experience I have is with the beloved PG RSD and some Kicker KS comps. I like these better than my PG RSD's since they get louder on less power. And probably not as clear by a little but my PG RSD's are in sealed and deadened doors. All im trying to say is if anyone is looking for a budget component set and is looking for a loud set, and with some good clarity, not SQL but clear enough for an average car audio joe look into these for only 68 bucks. And they take some good power to them.

I am trying with this build is just get loud but just off stock speaker locations, no subwoofer since my car is easily stolen. Its like the #1 stolen car haha. Pictures below.

Great review! I saw these speakers a while back and wanted to try a set. Couldn't find any reviews, like you said. Only problem is, I don't really have any projects that need new speakers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.