SoundSplinter

Well, I don't really have anything constructive to say other than my 12" RL-p should be here in about a week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

So, I'll let you know then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I did read a "review" on another forum in which a person compared a 15" Brahma to dual 15" RL-p's, and he said he liked the RL-p's better. He said the Brahma sounded too surgical, and the SS's had a sense of "warmth" to them ::shrugs:: Take it for what it's worth..........

Here's another comment from ECA:

Originally posted by stangme01 that TC-9 over at soundsplinter.com is a BADASS, and i mean BADASS sub!!! A friend of mine got one on my recommendation about 2 months ago and hasn't looked back. Kicks the living snot out of my old Eclipse aluminums (TC7 motor) and E12a (also based off the TC9 motor) AND EVEN my Magnum D2 which is also based off the TC9.

Just an incredible sub BUY IT

Thanks guys, I was just looking for a little approval and I def found it. I grabbed the last 15 dvc2 yesterday... cannot wait to hear this thing. Now I have to decide if I want sealed or ported. I haven't had a sealed box in ages...

Good choice, I'd say. I still haven't hooked my SS 15" up, since I **** at fiberglassing, but it should be ready soon.

Here's another good review that I ran across on Sounddomain:

Originally posted by duplago:Well I received two 15" rl-p's on Wednesday and with the help of the 60* weather here in Ohio I finally got a box built for them. I deceided to put them in a 4.0ft^3 sealed box. I know I know I will port them in the spring. Anyway I got them in a all I can say is Wow. The sq is amazing and they get louder than my treo csx did off of the same power. I put in Late Nite Tip and the subs hit the lows beautifuly and they were soooo clean. Next I put in some Simple Plan and it never missed a beat. Tomorrow I will update my review a little considering it is 1:30 a.m. and I will have a lot more time after work to mess with it. Bottom line the best subs I have ever owned. I had a Re XXX and to be honest these sound better to me than that ever did. Will also post pics eventually too.

So I guess the next question is should I port it or not... How will porting it affect sq and sound overall? I am sure not much... I just want some crazy lows and some fast, tight bass... I am used to the quickness of my Elemental Designs 13Kv.2 and am hoping this will compare...

The rl-p's def give you crazy lows and the 15's keep up just fine. The 15's keep up with 10's just fine all that garbage is just a myth. Might have been true years ago but with todays technology there is no reason you shouldn't get 15's.

Duplago, you said that the RL-p sounded better than your XXX. I have two questions.

First, what size XXX did you have, and what box were you using it in?

Also, I know that this can often be difficult to describe, but in what ways do you prefer the sound of the SS over the XXX? One person has described it as more “musical” than his Brahma (whatever that means). If you were to be specific, in what ways would you rate the RL-p above/below the XXX?

Very cool... So would it be significantly louder to go ported? Would it go lower sealed or ported? I just cannot make up my mind... i haven't had a sealed box in years and so I really don't remember the difference... And with ported I don't know why but I am always worrying that I am pushing the sub too hard... even though I am prob nowhere close to too hard...

id say soundsplinter is pretty good. the product looks real good and they dont use over exagerated marketing in their products description. i was looking at these after i bought my atlas but luckily squeak lives close by lol

i was looking at these after i bought my atlas but luckily squeak lives close by lol
I'll show you mine if you show me yours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.