soundigital 9v operation?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ryan shaw
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Just got my sd 8000.1 in the mail, and i was reading on forums that it can operate down to 9v. This sounds like dangerous territory to operate an amp in but im not experienced with SD. Anyone got any experience or further knowledge? thanks

I believe what that means is simply that the amp won't shut off until it gets that low in voltage, probably because the designers were aware that there's probably going to be some voltage drop during heavy utilization. Do you actually intend to use it with a 9v power source or what?

Ha no not at all. But until I get more funds I'm gonna be running it at 2 ohms with only a 300 amp alt and a xs d3100 in back so just seeing if I can really push it sometimes

Well, if your alternator can't keep up then you're going to be killing sound quality, anyway. While I don't usually recommend them, I'd say get a capacitor and just limit your output to what your charging system can handle at the moment. Amp damage is unlikely, IMO, even if you did go too high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Ryan shaw

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Ryan shaw
Boulder, CO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date