Sounddeadning Car

I know what Dynamat and other such products do for your car, when you are installing a system in it. I have a rattle between the inner panels of my trunk, and the outer skin of the car, like they are touching metal to metal. Also have the rear windshield wiper, like the motor or something that rattles. I am just wondering if anyone knows if I could use some of that expanding foam in the cans, to spray in my side panels, and also my decklid to help with this, and if it might also help a bit with doing the same job as the dynamat... not to replace the dynamat with just this stuff, but to help out that much more??

I know what Dynamat and other such products do for your car, when you are installing a system in it. I have a rattle between the inner panels of my trunk, and the outer skin of the car, like they are touching metal to metal. Also have the rear windshield wiper, like the motor or something that rattles. I am just wondering if anyone knows if I could use some of that expanding foam in the cans, to spray in my side panels, and also my decklid to help with this, and if it might also help a bit with doing the same job as the dynamat... not to replace the dynamat with just this stuff, but to help out that much more??
expanding foam work's great. just messy as all hell. make sure you have all of ur hole's in the trunk lid coverd before you start swuirting expanding foam in there. and let it completely dry.

try a few layer's of sound deadner before you resort to expanding foam. just MO

Well yeah I that was my plan honestly... but I don't really have the option of getting the sound deadner right now... and the annoying a$$ rattle sound is driving me crazy!!! I am just trying to quiet it down a bit for that part for right now, until I head back stateside.. Was not going to use this as my only resort, just a temp. fix until I get back to the states!!!

I foamed between the panels of the trunk then deadened it worked great. messy stuff to work with pull out your carpet. I spent 2 days with my car apart to lather it in deadener, every minute well spent. But I still just need to put two more screws in my rear plate(cause i am lazy)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.