Sound Quality

Participant count
  • Participant list

coon

Hello everybody. I need a little advice on a good audio system for my truck. Any help would be appreciated. Im looking for sound quality and I can spend $2300 to $2800. I need four door speakers and a sub and amps for both. I am leaning towards focal speakers and a w6 10 or 12. I am keeping the factory radio. What do yall think. Which focal speakers or are there better speakers, and should I go with a w6 or something else? My truck is a 2011 f150 super crew. The 2300 2800 price range does not include a box I am going to have made.

I'd factor in a processor to your budget, something like a Rockford 360.3 or Audison bit ten, JBL MS-8 etc. You will get the most out of your factory system this way. I'd go with an Alpine V9 or JL HD/750 for an amp, to keep things easy to install and tidy. Check out Illusion Audio, as they are making a come back. Run their 2-way set active for your front stage, leave the rears factory and them off the factory hesdunit, then grab a couple 8" subs of your choice and build a ported enclosure for them under your seats or behind if you have the room. You need to factor in wiring and sound deadening as well.

Thank you for the replies. Are the illusion audio speakers mids? The box im going to have built is going to go where the rear right seat is. In the back of the ford it has a single seat on the right and 2 on the left. Im going to take the right seat out and use that spot for a box and maybe a mini fridge. I will have plenty of airspace for a 10 or 12. Should I still do 2 8's in that box.

Well like has been said you will at least need sound dampener. If you really want to boost the quality of sound adding CCF and MLV on top of the sound dampener will do wonders. For speakers I would recommend only getting a front stage. With your budget I would get the Hertz Hsk 163 3 way component set. Amp wise I would look at companies like Zapco and Arc audio. You also should get a head unit that is active capable to run your system.

After you have bought and installed these items then would be the time I recommend you to start thinking of adding some bass. Appreciating each stage of a system is the way to having a quality sq system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.